unemployment down?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

byrontiger

unemployment down?

Post by byrontiger »

Now I have no idea how the figures are massaged but wait until the latest crop of graduates are allowed to sign on.
Don't think we are far off Spain for 18-24 unemployment but theirs have much more education.
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: unemployment down?

Post by DickyP »

Not to mention all the over-sixties who aren't actually counted in unemployment figures: unless you are receiving benefits the system says you are 'retired' - but am I bitter? :smt013

And '1984' has nothing on the double-speak of the benefits system. Job Seekers Allowance is, and I quote, ".. based solely on NI Payments and is not means-tested.." But, however, you don't get it if you have too much money! (such as a small occupational pension). You or I might think that looking at the money you have is 'means testing' but apparently not according to the system.
:smt017

The conversation I had at the Job Centre would have matched anything that Monty Python or the Two Ronnies ever came up with for absurdity.
:argue:
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Totally agree.

The treatment of my candidates who are over 60 is appalling. Unless they are virtually living in a cardboard box they get nothing. Anything they have done in previous years to look after themselves counts against them. (Savings, buying a house, starting a pension.) No allowance, no council tax relief and no leeway from people you owe money to, like banks and mortgage lenders.

(If you qualify for Jobseekers, they can hardly touch you, but if not, they send the bailifs in.)

If they try to keep themselves active by helping out at a charity shop, unpaid, then they cannot receive jobseekers either.

My advice to the youth of today is to sit on your a**e or work for cash which you stuff under the mattress. That way, the benefits system will provide.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:My advice to the youth of today is to sit on your a**e or work for cash which you stuff under the mattress. That way, the benefits system will provide.
Ah! The Spanish system!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
byrontiger

Post by byrontiger »

Should add Greece to that but I fear you are being too age specific with regards to Spain. It's not the youngsters
And their revenge is as the tiger's spring,
Deadly, and quick and crushing.