Sporting Story Du Jour

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Sporting Story Du Jour

Post by Kinoulton »

Well, the flow of jokes has dried up a bit, so I thought I'd kick off with this anecdote.

Terry Downes was a fearlessly aggressive British boxer who was world champion for a while and beat Sugar Ray Robinson.

But after a particular brutal fight against a bloke called Dick Tiger he was asked who he'd like to fight next and replied: "The b****** who set this match up."
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sporting Story Du Jour

Post by kingneptuneii »

Back in the good ol' amateur rugby days. a friend of a friend (who was a farmer)was driving down the road in his tractor, towing a trailer full of manure, whilst a police car drove behind him.

the road became more bumby and the contents of the trailer were starting to spill out all over the place, including the polic car.

needless to say the policeman pulled the gentleman over, asked him to get out of his tractor, and kindly asked the farmer "are you planning on cleaning up this manure sir?".
to which the farmer replied "no, not particularly."

the understandibly made the policeman rather irate, so he said, in as calm a tone as possible "if you don't clean this s**t up now, I will come back to your farm when I'm off duty, grab your testicles, and squeeze them until they really hurt"

the gentleman looked at the policeman, thought hard and suddenely said "you're Dean Richards arent you".

the police man nodded.

the farmer then said "...got a shovel I can borrow?"
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Sporting Story Du Jour

Post by Kinoulton »

I recall Parky asking Muhammed Ali: "Now that you are world heavyweight champion, do you find it a problem that people in bars want to take you on?"

Ali just looked at him wide eyed with that unique face of his and said: "Take on me?"

It had Parky, my entire family, and I dare say most of Britain rocking with laughter.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!