Hallaton Bottle Kicking

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

h's dad
Super User
Super User

Hallaton Bottle Kicking

Post by h's dad »

We're hoping to go and watch this on Easter Monday. H (15 and 6'1") wants to get involved, much to his mother's concern. Has anybody got any useful hints or tips on anything including how H can take part, how I can avoid it and parking etc.

Many thanks.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Rizzo

Re: Hallaton Bottle Kicking

Post by Rizzo »

There's a phone number for info at the bottom of this article

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/A ... story.html

I always thought you had to be resident in one or other of the villages to take part, but I don't really know much about it other than I'd rather not be in the area at all at that time!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Thanks Rizzo. I intend to keep at a safe distance.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

We really enjoyed this on Monday. Friendly pubs and barbeques and parade number one behind the hare for the pie throwing. Parade number two was out to a field full of ambulances where it all kicked off with what seemed to be pretty much a brutal free for all across fields, streams. hedges and barbed wire fences.

H joined in, met a couple of mates from SoR and at one point was curled up on the ground around the barrel refusing to let go and getting a kicking – he enjoyed it anyway even if he didn’t know which side he was on.

We only stopped for the first barrel (best of three) which took 90 minutes as H’s mum wanted him out of it. And the rain was starting to get heavier.

Good day out. Well done by the organisers.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I went years ago and it was fantastic. One of those wonderful old English customs and a great excuse to imbibe a certain amount of beer. Recommended!