You are only as old as you feel . . . .

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

You are only as old as you feel . . . .

Post by fleabane »

Chatting to the man in the seat next to me yesterday, and he told me that for the last game he played before retiring at the age of 55, he was on the wing, having played most of his career at 9.

The combined age of the two wingers was more than 120!

Can anyone better that?
Valhalla I am coming!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: You are only as old as you feel . . . .

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

I am going to become a County Cricketer this season. I have now qualified and will be playing (if selected and if knees and shoulder keeps going) for Herefordshire over 50's so assuming all other 10 players are at least 50 then than makes 550 minimum!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Can't beat that fleabane, but I played an entire game at hooker (aged 50) last year.

The first half was tough-going but, at half time, that youngster Darren Garforth came on to strengthen the front row. It was decidedly easier after that. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I was 50+ when I played in the back four for a Pedigree Petfoods football team, and I was the youngest man in the defence.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We've got a vet that still slots into our social rugby side at lock from time to time. He's 56 and 'retired' six years ago but seems to have forgotten to stop turning up to training and games. He looks older than his age but that's what makes his habit of scragging the opposition scrum half at lineouts so funny.

He went on tour this year as well.