a powerful shirt

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: a powerful shirt

Post by Rizzo »

In my previous visits, I've been asked "Lye-cester? is that near London?" I also got slightly irritated with being told "oh I love your accent!" to the extent that I replied to one rather pushy lady "I haven't got an accent, you've got the accent..."
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

A very ignorant teacher in Wetherby upset my daughter when in a test he asked the class which English team plays in black and white stripes, and what was their nickname?

My daughter was first in and said, it's Notts County and they're called the Magpies.

He got cross and said: "What? It's Newcastle!"

Now even on the official Newcastle United website there is a strong acknowledgement of all teams that play in the shirt, with Notts County taking the first honours.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
dj_joem
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by dj_joem »

I was at the European figure skting championships in sheffield back in January, i ended up sat next to a chap wearing a bath shirt and i was wearing my tigers shirt. We were probably the only people in the stadium wearing rugby shirts and had a little chuckle about it. Also a couple of weeks ago i was travelling north on the m1 around Chesterfield having visited leicester and saw a car with the reg plate T19 GERS. I commented on it to my girlfriend, then as I got closer to the car the clubs crest was also on the reg plate. I also regularly get stopped around Barnsley by people wanting to talk Leicester or rugby when wearing my shirt.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

what a great number plate. wish I had it. like the AR53NAL which belongs to an Arsenal fan.I did see a 4x4 with the number plate MAD130G made to look like MAD DOG and wondered what on earth Lewis Moody was doing down this way.

but I do have the Tigers logo on my number plate.

I've met fans at such events as the Hop Farm Festival (Bob Dylan playing) and the Bird Fair at Rutland water. not met anyone abroad yet but I live in hope.