Frozen Planet

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Frozen Planet

Post by Rizzo »

Anyone else watching and loving this? Simply astounding photography and images, and the tough situations the camera crew had to cope with to get them.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tigerbeat

Re: Frozen Planet

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have been watching the series and the photography has been fantastic and as always very interesting.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The first one was superb,the second,I'd seen most of the films before.I know we are supposed to recycle,but repeats on the telly of this stature is dissapointing.I shall however look forward to next week,great admirer of this Attenborough.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Last weeks was back to proper service,great photography and very interesting.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Love the spectacular scenery but enjoy only just so much of watching predators do what they naturally do. Much as I know it is natural, admire persistence and skill, and enjoy my meat I'd never go and spectate at an abattoir and after a while I find it gets to feel that way for me.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have a friend who is a wildlife cameraman, and through him I follow on Twitter several of the people who filmed and worked on Frozen Planet, it's interesting to hear their comments about their own films!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It's very rare that my breadknife will watch a documentary, but she was absolutely gripped by Frozen Planet.

I always marvel at what part of evolution makes some animals think: "Oh, stuff Africa with its benign climate and plentiful food, let's settle in a place where it's freezing cold, dark for six months, and food is hard to get.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Rizzo wrote:I have a friend who is a wildlife cameraman, and through him I follow on Twitter several of the people who filmed and worked on Frozen Planet, it's interesting to hear their comments about their own films!
I take my hat off to them for their willingness to get close to the action - the scene with that pod of killer whales creating waves to knock seals into the water was one thing, but to see the pod then do the same to the camera crew's boat was another !!