Queen Zara?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chunter
Top Cat
Top Cat

Queen Zara?

Post by Chunter »

Letter in today's Independent:
Under the terms of the rewritten Act of Succession, if Princes William and Harry were to die childless, there must be a strong chance that we would find ourselves ruled by Queen Zara I and her consort the Duke of Twickenham.
W Stephen Gilbert
Corsham, Wiltshire
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Queen Zara?

Post by BJ. »

We would also need the Princess Royal, Peter Phillips, Miss Savannah Phillips and the yet-unborn second child (due in March) of Peter & Autumn Phillips to die before Zara could get her hands on the crown.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

The current rules will continue to apply to Zara - the proposed changes are explicitly not retrospective if you read the details published.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not sure of my facts, but I definitely heard on the BBC Breakfast News that Zara would be 6th in line.

But I tink they also said that no one as far back as 6th had ever actually ascended to the throne.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

I read it would only come into force for the generation of William and Harry's progeny. More likely, I think.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Kinoulton wrote:I'm not sure of my facts, but I definitely heard on the BBC Breakfast News that Zara would be 6th in line.

But I tink they also said that no one as far back as 6th had ever actually ascended to the throne.
Henry VII succeeded when he was 30th in line.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Zara was, and remains, 13th.

And even Henry Tudor's 30th was debatable - his mother was related down an illegitimate line!

And he was welsh!!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15489544

I think some reports have sourced their information from mis-quoting things like this:

"IF it had been implemented for today's royals, equality would have meant big changes for the current line of succession.

The Duke of York - currently fourth in line - slips back to eighth, behind the Princess Royal (his elder sister), her son Peter Phillips, Peter's daughter Savannah, and Zara Phillips, daughter of the Princess Royal.
Marrying a Catholic

The Earl of Wessex falls from seventh position to tenth after the Duke of York and his two children, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. "

this is how it currently stands...

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyal ... rview.aspx

The new changes will mean:

The order of succession will in future be determined by the order of birth. The immediate impact will place the Princess Royal, the Queen's daughter, fourth in the line of succession behind the Prince of Wales and his two sons. At the moment the princess is 10th. The Duke of York, who is fourth, will drop to seventh.

BUT - the legislation has to be fully passed and published and agreed...
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother