If anyone watched The Bear Family & Me

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

If anyone watched The Bear Family & Me

Post by Rizzo »

it's been confirmed tonight that the yearling cub, Hope, has been shot and killed by a hunter. After all the trauma she went through and the survival, it's horribly sad.

http://www.twoharborsmn.com/event/artic ... her_ID/36/
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: If anyone watched The Bear Family & Me

Post by Kinoulton »

Hunting is just mental.

If things need to be culled, like foxes, badgers or deer, why can't people just go out and do it in a dour and workmanlike fashion as happens with the slaughter of cows, sheep and pigs?

Why does it have to be a sport?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-fox hunting as foxes are difficult critters to cull, and the most efficient and environmentally friendly way is to release a pack of trained hounds and follow them on horse back. But the red coats and cups of port? It's just making a festival out of what should be a sad duty.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I don't know whether to be more upset or slightly comforted by the confirmation that the hunter who shot her hunts "younger bears for meat as they are more tender"....but the fact they set out bait traps and then sit and shoot the bear isn't even using tracking or stalking skills as such.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Traps are horrible, and that's why I'm not against hunting with dogs.

My own dog got snared around the neck with a cutting wire designed to kill rabbits, but fortunately survived, but my friend's dog got horribly mutilated in a trap and died alone. She (the friend) was traumatised for weeks after finding it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Oh, horrible. I don't know how people can shoot stuff. There's an ill mouse in my shed and can I kill it? No. But actually on this occasion it would be good to kill it, but can I deliver that final blow. No. I tried to put it in a plastic bag, God knows why, but it shuffled off. I was thinking I may be able to bash its brains out if I couldn't see its beady little eyes. I can't imagine who can just kill stuff for fun when I can't even get the balls to do it when it's right. Weird.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk