Euan Murray

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Euan Murray

Post by Old Hob »

Euan Murray won't play on the "Sabbath" ie the next game. Is he a principled fellow or a selfish individual who jeopardises his team? The fixture list was available before he went so Andy Robinson should have foreseen this.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Euan Murray

Post by BJ. »

Good question.

Whilst I don't share Murray's beliefs, I respect his right to have them. Andy Robinson would have been pilloried if he'd left a fit Murray behind yet he was fully aware of the limitations Murray's faith places on his availability for selection.

Anyway, it's only going to affect one match, i.e. this Sunday's against Argentina.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

You have to respect his beliefs but i cant see how he can call for games on a sunday to be stopped. If he doesnt want to play then that is his choice but nearly everyone else is happy with it so why should they change.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

What I don't like is he has the cheek to ask everyone else to change to suit him,apparently it's why the Stains got rid of him.Can you imagine going to work and telling your boss you don't want to work one of your contracted days of work..................dole queues over there mate.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

kingol22 wrote:I cant see how he can call for games on a sunday to be stopped.
Exactly. How can he be so arrogant to almost claim that his belief is the one true belief and everyone should fall into step with him?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

BJ. wrote:
kingol22 wrote:I cant see how he can call for games on a sunday to be stopped.
Exactly. How can he be so arrogant to almost claim that his belief is the one true belief and everyone should fall into step with him?
That's what most belief systems claim. If you're a Christian you claim it too.

He has every right to talk about his beliefs. If he really wanted to be a jerk about it he could probably make a human rights claim about being discriminated against due to his religion (i.e. the scheduling of games is a form of indirect religious prejudice as it prevents him pursuing his careerdue to his beliefs). He'd be a complete walloper if he did this though.

As a Scot, I understand Robinson taking him, basically when he's in form, which he is at the moment, he's our best tight head by a distance, so taking him in the knowledge that he'll be missing for one game is acceptable. I'm assuming that he'll be available for our quarter final which will be scheduled on a Saturday after we beat England next week ;-)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I had a contractor who needed to be home before dark on Friday. (He wasn't a weekend vampire, it was just some fundamental religious thing.)

I did manage to find enough employers that would accomodate him, but logically it's all gonads.

Who decides it's Friday? Or Sunday? Just some random blokes who came up with: the Gregorian calendar, Ab urbe condita, Armenian calendar, Bahá'í calendar, Bengali calendar, Buddhist calendar, Byzantine calendar,Chinese calendar, Ethiopian calendar, Hebrew calendar, Hindu calendars.

(There are many many more.)

No one who ever set up a calendar had the faintest clue when their God wanted them to work, rest or play. They made it up themselves.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!