Board Redesign - thoughts?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Board Redesign - thoughts?

Post by DickyP »

Rizzo wrote:...
Sotic are working on a new skin now which should fix all these issues....
Can't see how a new skin is going to help the 'View New Posts' not updating after making a post!!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Don't know if this is really the correct thread to raise this subject but surely given the huge emphasis given on the new site to the i-Phone app, there should at least be some obvious mention of the Android app as well other than coming on it by accident in the forum - oops I mean message board!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The Android app (and other apps) have been discussed in the technical forum for a while.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

People actually worry about this stuff :smt017 Wow! :smt017
I know what I've read, I don't need it to change colour. I thought I had a goldfish brain :smt005
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Rizzo wrote:The Android app (and other apps) have been discussed in the technical forum for a while.
That's why I asked about being the right place to bring it up: I realize it's not about the board itself. I know it's discussed tucked away in the technical forum, but there is a huge iPhone App advert on the main club site Home Page and on the Downloads page of the Fanzone. Nada about the Android App.

I need guidance because nowhere on the main site can I find an idea who to raise the matter with in the club.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

If we are going to revamp the site can we make sure it works. When I first click on everything is red even though I've read most of the threads, also some change colour after reading but some don't!! I use Firefox does it make any difference which browser you use? It is better but still needs tweaks.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

cornish tigress wrote:People actually worry about this stuff :smt017 Wow! :smt017
Oh come on!

If you look at the ads for iPod iPhone Apps with roving hoving palm held elctronic b*ll*ck books with 40 Ryan Giggs of memory and Wap enabled google flux, then you would thing this stuff induces far more cosmic karma than old useless stuff like food, love, childbirth and beautiful skies.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The whole thing is very different this morning, I am seeing complete re-design of forum layout and font much smaller. It's making it very difficult for me to know what to look at and read through :(

any more comments?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Must of only changed about an 1hour ago. This new version is terrible the old forum worked well it just needed a new server so why did they see the need to implement all these changes?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The only option is "Return to last forum" when you have posted. The "Return to active topics" i.e. see all the posts you have not read in all the forums needs reinstating, please.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The little script symbol on the front page of this thread is whizzing away and I have no idea what it means. Roll over it and it says" no new posts" but all of them say that so why is this thread's script moving? And some have stars which means???
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

Definitely don't like this version. I thought the computer had gone mad since this morning, totally confused. I prefer to have all the topics listed as before rather than having to go in to each "sub forum". The topics seem to be ordered quite randomly. And is it just me or is it slower?
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

chris4xy wrote:Definitely don't like this version. I thought the computer had gone mad since this morning, totally confused. I prefer to have all the topics listed as before rather than having to go in to each "sub forum". The topics seem to be ordered quite randomly. And is it just me or is it slower?
+1

Don't like the fact I have to go to the board index to look for active/new topics either
cheers
Rich
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

The emoticons are all over the place and there is no readily available way of altering the font size, colour, boldness etc. I'm sure I could find more faults if I could be bothered to look - which I can't! As long as the new layout remains, I'll spend the absolute minimum time here necessary to fulfil my objectives.

As I said before, it's nothing more than change for change's sake and some web developers trying to justify their existence.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.