WHO SELLS THE BEST PIES AT PREMIERSHIP GROUNDS?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

PIEMAN

WHO SELLS THE BEST PIES AT PREMIERSHIP GROUNDS?

Post by PIEMAN »

To all the leicester fans coming up to kingston park on saturday. Kingston park is now home to the New Zealand Gourmet Pie Company. The team will be there pre match giving away samples in the West Stand Bar with some of the injured Kiwi players who are signing autographs for the youngins. Make sure you try these pies as they are gorgeous – absolutely stuffed with meat with melt in your mouth pastry. The fillings are Minted Lamb and Steak and Cheese ( a national dish in NZ )! Look forward to hearing of any pie tales you want to share and seeing you up in Newcastle next weekend for some quality rugby! Lord of the Pies.
PIEMAN

Re: WHO SELLS THE BEST PIES AT PREMIERSHIP GROUNDS?

Post by PIEMAN »

PS Doddie Weir will be holding a post match pie eating competition between a falcons and leicester supporter... get practicing
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

It's got to be Worcester, or Goody wouldn't be there!
Valhalla I am coming!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It amazes me that sport sporting venues do not appreciate how us sports fans know our pies and won't be fobbed off with rubbish.

Many's the time I've been to minor venues like Uttoxeter Racecourse, Scunthorpe Rugby Club, or Crewe Alexander's ground with the mouth watering endorsement "aye, but the pies are good". And so of course you buy two each for your entire carload.

They once tried to change the pies at Forest and went from good honest well filled oven cooked meat feasts, to those measly things in foam trays with clingfilm over the top that get nuked get in in a microwave until molten and inedible.

It caused more trouble than a train full of Millwall fans.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

A couple of years ago the pies at the Welford road end of the crumbie were known among our group as neuclear pies. buy one at 10 to 3 in the ground,they were ready to eat at about 8 in the pub at night
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I remember one snowy day when someone (I don't know why) chucked their nuclear pie into the piled up snow at the edge of the pitch at round about half time.

It actually made one of the national newspaper match reports because the thing sat there and steamed for virtually the whole second half, mesmerising the crowd.

Anyway, back to the Kingston Park initiative, it's making me hungry just thinking about it.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

I don't know about pies but the pasties down at Sandy Park take some beating as was proven by Dewi Morris last night.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

Beat me to t! Pasties at Sandy Park are large and TASTY!
Tigers - true Champions!