Riots - How sick is our Society?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Riots - How sick is our Society?

Post by Phil B »

I watch with absolute horror and disgust the scenes of violence, looting, arson etc. What on earth is going on? How sick is our Society?
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Riots - How sick is our Society?

Post by sam16111986 »

As usual the minority ruin things for the majority. Things could have been sorted more quickly were the police not under funded and suffering from several public neuterings at the hands of self serving MPs. If those at Westminster continually take side against the Met then they can't be suprised when they become under powered and overlooked. Similarly these are the people hardest hit by community cuts and by the reduction in jobs, what have most of them got to lose?

Doesn't excuse the thuggish behaviour and I hope that those arrested are forced to repair the damage they have caused. Chain gangs sweeping and cleaning up the damage.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The country is decending into complete chaos and the government are refusing to take action to stop it. Cameron has decided to get parliment back on thursday by then half of london may of been burnt down. The police do a great job but they do not have the resources to deal with this kind of trouble, we need order restored on our streets. With the riots spreading round the country, leicester tonight apparently, we need to act fast. We should bring the army in and get these thugs under control it is an embarrassment.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kingo122 - as per Leics Police twitter - there will be a much increased police presence in the city as from now and overnight, but there are no incidents, and only a few rumours.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Rizzo wrote:Kingo122 - as per Leics Police twitter - there will be a much increased police presence in the city as from now and overnight, but there are no incidents, and only a few rumours.
Lets hope it stays that way
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Glad to hear everybody is safe and sound in Leicester. Looks bad from here, pretty much like the month of riots we had in 2005, although I am surprised by the number of arsons : it didn't go that far in France.

Well, best of luck to the police in the UK!
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

My son is a Special Constable (ie gives his services voluntarily.)

As many Specials as possible are being mobilised over the next few days.

The whole rioting business leaves me speechless.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Our country is sick because everyone has been taught that there is a "society", a "community" or whatever, that will look after them.

What happened to individual responsibility?

I don't care if you were abused as a child, brought up in poverty, had bad parenting, were bullied at school, or were not bought the £120 trainers you wanted for Christmas.

A great many of the biggest achievers in history had dodgy backgrounds, but rather than pinch other people's wealth or claim benefits, they got up off there a**es and did something to actually earn other people's money.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

I heard from my daughter who lives in Leicester that there was minor trouble there last night.
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

There were some incidents of damage, and a few of looting/burglary. 14 arrests were made last night. Leicestershire Police have been very good at keeping updates going on their twitter feed. Their news and events updates are also here

http://www.leics.police.uk/news/

More details here
http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news

A friend who is a police sergeant was on duty from 7am yesterday until 3am this morning, and he's back on duty at 4pm today. He says there will be increased visible police presence and all precautions are being taken.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Good to hear the police are keeping control. Hopefully it doesnt get anywhere near the scale of the london riots.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

A friend of mine is part of the East Midlands Riot Police, he generally goes wherever there is likely to be trouble. Has been on standby since the start of the week, tense times but a lot of the police are keen to get out in the community and protect the populace.

The police have done a sterling job and by all acounts did well in the city centre last night.

Talked to a friend on mine in the states and according to her the riots are so shocking that they are taking up as much news space as the American Economy problems.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

We've had real problems in Cornwall too. Check this out!
http://tinyurl.com/4yu24r9
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

cornish tigress wrote:We've had real problems in Cornwall too. Check this out!
http://tinyurl.com/4yu24r9
Worrying times :smt005