Moving back North...Looking for recommendations for a club

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Moving back North...Looking for recommendations for a club

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

I've got a new job to start in September in Northampton....Bugbrooke to be precise

Does anyone know of any friendly clubs, with emphasis on the on a good time and who don't take themselves too serious..

I've just finished 5 great years with a really small club (Wincanton), to top it off we won Dorset and Wilts South 3, I'm loathe to leave but the job dictates otherwise.

If anyone would appreciate a prop with 17 years experience please let me know.....If anyone knows of any houses for sale or rent in the area even better

Many thanks me lovely old muckers :smt023
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
apps

Re: Moving back North...Looking for recommendations for a club

Post by apps »

if you went on to the rfu web site and click on taking part you be able to put in your post code of your new location and it will come up with a location of the nearset club to you. But it won't gave you any conact & when they do training nigths.

Hope this helps as i used it when i moved to Warminster this year.
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Cheers Apps, I did this and as you said it tells you the clubs but not much about them. I'm looking for first hand experience and the lowdown I guess, who's good and who should I avoid
:smt023
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Not entirely sure that Bugbrooke really counts as the "North"!

Contentious as this statement might be but.... perhaps the Saints Forum might have a better insight into clubs in the Bugbrooke area.
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Arggghhh god no, that would be like asking for Wayne Rooney's advice over Stephen Hawking! :smt023

Trust me anywhere is pretty North of the SW at present
Voltaire