War on Cliches

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: War on Cliches

Post by BJ. »

Rizzo wrote:I am surprised no one has yet mentioned the cliche often used on the Fans Forum - which is "get a life".
Is it a cliché? I've always regarded it as a petulant sign of surrender used by someone who has lost an argument but feels compelled to have the last word. It's along the lines of :smt015 or telling someone to grow up.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

It is a well known fact, which I believe to be true, that true fans do not deploy the expression "get a life", or suggest that fellow posters "grow up". In point of fact, since their fingers at least are still capable of dancing across the keys, posters are indeed alive and therefore as sure as eggs is egss are in posession of a life. Further, if indeed, as they enjoy the aging process, they do travel along a growth curve the direction is most certainly not down.

In the unlikely event that I am boring you to tears I shall be quite comfortable with you posting :smt015 .
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Keep running it up the flagpole, Bill! :smt003
Valhalla I am coming!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The one that drives me crackers is youngsters saying "Oh don't be so a.n.a.l." every time you query anything. They've have no idea of what "a.n.a.l.l.y retentive" actually means, but if you say almost anything like:

"You've selected the wrong file";
"I can't stand XFactor";
"Why does your boyfriend dress like a pimp?";

then you don't get any argument back, just a shrug and "oh stop being so a.n.a.l".
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

My flag is nailed firmly to the mast and my kite ducks and weaves in the air as it floats on high as lonely as a cloud. The daffodills are long gone but, the Welsh need not get in a huff or rupture their spleens, because the leeks are coming on nicely - they certainly know their onions.

Speaking of onions (and you may well ask how I got from flagpoles to onions) you may well think that this is a load of tripe - but then I quite like tripe preferably with salt and vinegar. And a pinch of salt is most certainly what you should take with the comments of the illiterate youngsters you hang out with, Kinny, - these aren't the frivolous stable girls are they?
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

"Google it".
Valhalla I am coming!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

University of Leicester in-joke - IT Help. :smt044

It really is one hell of a cliche, believe me!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I hear what you people are saying and anger is, of course, a legitimate emotion (we will, however, endeavour to prosecute anyone who displays the slightest scintilla of it) but it is time to move forward, to put the past behind us and be resolutely determined to stay ahead of the curve.

And to not miss the cut ( or, as seems more logical, miss it)
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Prison doesn't work.
If you punish young offenders they simply re-offend.
If you accuse youngsters of being criminals you stigmatise them.
The council doesn't provide facilities, that's why kids go wrong.
People aren't taught parenting skills, that's why kids go wrong.
If they all got five good GCSEs they wouldn't go wrong.
Cider is too cheap. That's why kids go wrong.

Here is something I would love to become a cliche: Put the evil little fekkers inside a cold dark dank cell where they are fed bread and water. Each day give them 8 hours boring tuition containing only the one message, that if they ever re-offend even by so much as sneezing without a hanky, they can look forward to returning to an even worse cell for a 10 year minimum sentence to be served in Bahrain.

Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!