Olympics

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: Olympics

Post by DickyP »

I have every intention of being on the other side of the globe when the Olympic take place: I'd watch chick flicks and read Mills & Boon rather than watch most of the tedious activities they call sport that are in them (sole exception female Beach Volleyball). Come to think of it I'd even watch Rugby League rather than the Olympics.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Suz wrote: Burghley
Your correct spelling has shamed me! :smt001
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
jolou
Tiger Cub

Post by jolou »

Applied for tickets for swimming and athletics - but haven`t got any. Going to wait `til Friday and see what else is for sale, but not optimistic. Might still go down though if we`re able.
jolou
tigers fan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigers fan »

I got no tickets either.
Will also see what is available on the next round but not living in hope of attending any event.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

got flat water canoeing (to see Tim Brabants win again), modern pentathlon and - joy! - swimming!

that's it though. I cannot really believe that everything is a sell out but time will tell.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Live near Weymouth? Then you won't be able to see the yachting, even 'though it is being held there. The plonkers in London ahave decided to erect a wall around The Nothe, a public open space, part of the World Heritage Jurassic Coast, which is a promentary above the harbour and the obvious vantage point which affords a view over the Bay and Portland. This is against the wishes of the local council, locals, and it is not clear how they are allowed to do this. Planning permission? Apparently not from the local council.

Arbitrary dictatorship from Lord Coe and friends?

You can get onto The Nothe with a ticket - but there is no seating!

Who is kidding who when they say that the Olympics are for everyone? That it is being spread around the country so that everyone can feel part of it? Pay your taxes so that someone can build a wall to shut you out of a public space. Sounds about right!
Valhalla I am coming!