Pub Recommendations for pre/post match.

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ElbowRoomAleHouse

Re: Pub Recommendations for pre/post match.

Post by ElbowRoomAleHouse »

Tigers fans from Hinckley? come to Elbow Room Ale & Cider House (26 Station Road) opening 4th NOV 2015

Just a couple of minutes walk from Hinckley Train Station in the new Shopping Centre "The Crescent

A warm and friendly welcome awaits all Tigers Fans who are travelling to/from a Tigers game for a pre/post match drink, bar snacks and of course some match related banter. Plus a 20p discount off beers for all CAMRA members and for Tigers fans with the days match ticket

We will feature an ever changing range of up to 12 cask ales (typically from Microbreweries), ciders, quality wines, speciality gins/whiskies and of course soft drinks. Pork Pies, sausage rolls, scotch eggs, cobs and the occasional curry to accompany the drinks.

Check out our social media for the current beers etc. at http://www.elbowroomalehouse.co.uk or twitter: @elbowroomales

Call us on 07900 191388 or e-mail us at [email protected] for more info
cowmadiddy

Post by cowmadiddy »

Not an obvious place for tigers fans to be, but I run a pub in Chelsea, and am a massive tigers fan - I will get them on the telly as often as possible, it'd be great to have some of you guys down every now and again - the sporting page!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

cowmadiddy wrote:Not an obvious place for tigers fans to be, but I run a pub in Chelsea, and am a massive tigers fan - I will get them on the telly as often as possible, it'd be great to have some of you guys down every now and again - the sporting page!
There is a London & SE supporters club. You may want to contact them directly...

http://www.leicestertigers.com/fans/sup ... theast.php
TheCharlotte

Post by TheCharlotte »

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know The Charlotte is now open from 11am daily. We still have a great range of real ales (and a real cider), and are family friendly. Unfortunately at the minute we cannot provide food, however you are more than welcome to bring your own in with you.

Hope to see you all Saturday!

Tonii & Cathal
(Previously of The Pub, New Walk)
Brooodbars

Post by Brooodbars »

Can I introduce our pub chain.
We are Broood.
We are opening at The Prince of Wales on Coventry Road, Hinckley.
We will also open shortly at 24 King Street, in the old Vin Quatre Building. Does anyone remember this and Out Of The Vaults?

We are a real ale pub in both venues.

If you visit either pub you will be able to avail of our chicken wings offering.

If you live in Hinckley make it your staring point, then come and see us when open at Leicester, then visit us after the game and on your return to Hinckley.

We promise we will make it worth your while.

see us at @brooodleicester on twitter and www.broood.co.uk and at brooodleicester on facebook.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

My answer to all this is why bother with outside pubs if you put your hands deeper into your pocket and join the Try Line club then not only have you got a pre and post match bar but you can also have a decent meal for a fair price.
BeeJ

Post by BeeJ »

Noddy555 wrote:My answer to all this is why bother with outside pubs if you put your hands deeper into your pocket and join the Try Line club then not only have you got a pre and post match bar but you can also have a decent meal for a fair price.
It costs £955 to join the Try Line Club, i.e. £381 more than the most expensive 'normal' season ticket. Noddy, has it never crossed your brain cell a lot of people do not have this kind of disposable income?

One of the joys of pre/post match drinks at outside pubs is the chance to interact with visiting supporters. Exclusive set ups like the Try Line Club will churn out the same faces week in week out and they will have the same conversations week in week out. I know there are some Tigers followers who want to stay in their little circles and have minimal contact with supporters of other clubs. I've witnessed this on numerous occasions, especially whilst at away matches in Europe with the two visits to the USAPistes bar in Perpignan in 2008 & 2010 being prime examples. Having said that, if that's what people want to do, that's up to them. It just means there's more fun for the rest of us to have with the opposition.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

BeeJ wrote:One of the joys of pre/post match drinks at outside pubs is the chance to interact with visiting supporters.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Noddy555 wrote:My answer to all this is why bother with outside pubs if you put your hands deeper into your pocket and join the Try Line club then not only have you got a pre and post match bar but you can also have a decent meal for a fair price.
so if the thousands of fans who use outside pubs as you call them , instead use the tryline club, then that wouldnt be an exclusive club anymore... Plus after sampling the service at the other bars in the ground, its hardly surprising the outside pubs are full before and after games
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Jesus Noddy, give it a rest about that damn Try Line Club. Are you on commission if you mention it enough?

I've tried it. It's rubbish. Sterile atmosphere, lousy seats behind the goal, overpriced pub standard food presented in a pretentious manner. It costs £600 more than my season ticket for a worse seat and a dull lounge and the food isn't even included.

I am genuinely struggling to understand why anyone pays the premium for it. I can certainly see why the club push it so much - the margin on Try Line Club season tickets must be astronomical if you can find people daft enough to fork out for it.

Give me a proper pub with a proper range of beer followed by being amongst the proper fans in the public bar any day.
SIBARITE

Post by SIBARITE »

Iain wrote:Jesus Noddy, give it a rest about that damn Try Line Club. Are you on commission if you mention it enough?

I've tried it. It's rubbish. Sterile atmosphere, lousy seats behind the goal, overpriced pub standard food presented in a pretentious manner. It costs £600 more than my season ticket for a worse seat and a dull lounge and the food isn't even included.

I am genuinely struggling to understand why anyone pays the premium for it. I can certainly see why the club push it so much - the margin on Try Line Club season tickets must be astronomical if you can find people daft enough to fork out for it.

Give me a proper pub with a proper range of beer followed by being amongst the proper fans in the public bar any day.
Ridiculing people and inferring that they are not proper fans for spending their money in supporting the Tigers is insulting. It also undermines Tigers efforts to raise money to keep up with the big spenders.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

Personally, the Try Line Club is not for me, but I think if the club can make money out of such ventures it's absolutely fine, and good luck to those who use them.
I prefer to use the ABC before the game, then the Cherry Tree in Little Bowden after.
Brooodbars

Post by Brooodbars »

We are Broood.
We are now open at Broood@VQ at 24 King Street.

We are starting to get busy before and after games.

We are Children Friendly as long as their parents are well behaved

We are a real ale pub with quick cheap and tasty food always available, including Pizzas on match days

If you visit either pub you will be able to avail of our chicken wings offering as we

see us at @brooodleicester on twitter and www.broood.co.uk and at brooodleicester on facebook.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Bricklayers Arms on Welford Road is probably the best local pub pre and post games. Lots of TVs available to keep track on whatever sport is going on. Plus a DJ playing soul, motown, 80s, funk on Tigers game days from 6pm. Nice to see this venue doing so well, 4-5 years ago it was often never open on match days.