Christmas Moaning

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Christmas Moaning

Post by Suz »

Rizzo wrote:Personally I like 1st December because I light an Advent candle each evening, and use the time when it burns to think of people dear to me, far and near, and those no longer here.
I love my advent candle, a bit of good old tradition. I mentioned that I needed one a work last week, and no-one new what I meant, when I explained they said. 'Whats the point of having a count down to Christmas if theres no chocolate'
Madness :smt013
Well thats my moan
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

There's a comment doing the rounds on Sickepedia:

"It's really good that Qatar will be hosting the football World Cup. They'll be left with all those nice stadia to stone women to death in."

Which gave me a positive thought. BJ can turn his back on Christianity and Christmas.I can turn my back on Christianity but still have a ball on Dec 25th.

But I don't think the Muslims have the option of saying that Ramadam is a load of goat's gonads.

Whereas British Christians, even the vast majority in Northern Ireland, are a nice bunch really, who don't mind that people conduct this hopeless charade of being baptised, married and despatched in a church, sending Christmas cards depicting some chaps on camels, buying Easter eggs for the kids and a really big one for the wife, even though we don't believe a s*dding word of it, or use its code of conduct to form our behavioural patterns.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Kinoulton wrote:Whereas British Christians, even the vast majority in Northern Ireland, are a nice bunch really, who don't mind that people conduct this hopeless charade of being baptised, married and despatched in a church, sending Christmas cards depicting some chaps on camels, buying Easter eggs for the kids and a really big one for the wife, even though we don't believe a s*dding word of it, or use its code of conduct to form our behavioural patterns.

I think you'll find they do mind Kinny.

In fact, I think some would prefer the honesty of BJ's approach to the sham of those who join in the festivals whilst not believing in the message they hold...

I think that they would much prefer you to understand the true meaning of Christmas, etc - and would hope for you to see the light - -

- - but in the meantime, at least they won't blow you up for living life your way :smt003
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

IMHO

BJ is entitled to his beliefs. And I respect them.

Kinny is entitled to his beliefs. And I respect them.

Rizzo is entitled to her beliefs. And I respect them too.

And in return all I ask is that they respect my right not to share them. Which it would appear that they do!
Still keeping the faith!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Amen to that Bill! (Oops!)
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:Amen to that Bill! (Oops!)
Hallelujah brother!

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/Arti ... ?e=2852416
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It is funny how religious terminology enters our everyday speech in very inappropriate ways.

Like saying "Amen" or "for God's sake" or "Heavens above" when I have no belief in any of it.

I do find it particularly laughable when some Muslim extremists are described as being "over Zealous". Surely a faux pas of the highest order.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Christmas and religion are two compleatly diferent things and have right to be joined
is growing bonsai a big thing
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Jay C wrote:In fact, I think some would prefer the honesty of BJ's approach to the sham of those who join in the festivals whilst not believing in the message they hold...

I think that they would much prefer you to understand the true meaning of Christmas, etc - and would hope for you to see the light - -
Holy cr@p :smt017 You're not THE JayC are you?

Quick everyone look busy.... :smt026
http://www.matthampson.co.uk