Pet hate (of the minute)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Pet hate (of the minute)

Post by Kinoulton »

Visiting townies who get upset that the countryside is an often muddy smelly working environment where the roads have pot holes, tractors move slowly, paths get overgrown with nature's grass and weeds, people ride horses, dogs climb out of rivers soaking wet, the canal tow-path is not paved, and pubs stop serving food at 9pm.

It's where us people of limited means live, work and play. It's not meant to be a free theme park kept spic and span, purely for some rich city folk to come out once a year and expect everything to be just so.

I don't go to London and demand somebody moves all the traffic, cleans the urine from the shop doorways, de-pollutes the rancid killer-atmosphere and moves all the big yellow skips and scaffolding from around the buildings. I accept that they are unlikely to do this for my sake alone.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:I don't go to London and demand somebody moves all the traffic, cleans the urine from the shop doorways, de-pollutes the rancid killer-atmosphere and moves all the big yellow skips and scaffolding from around the buildings. .
We could give it a try!!!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Wind.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

madoqua wrote:Wind.
Wind as in "blow blow thou winter" or as in indigestion?
Still keeping the faith!
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I don't mind me own.

All other wind from wherever is pants.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The way script writers assume that to get the language right from any time from 10,000 BC to 1800 AD, in any land from China to Mexico, you just have to make your speakers thrust their chest out and bark out tautologies.

He is merely a singer of songs!
He is the King that rules us!
I am but a poor boy with no money.
She is to be married to me as my wife.
The table was laden with food, that we might eat.

In the days when our language was forming, and we were busy walking north through Ethiopia, I doubt that we thrust out our chests to state routine facts and wasted time on such pretty speech, and we never have since.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Baby on Board signs. Nothing makes me want to ram a car more than a baby on board sign. Woopi diddly doo, you've shagged and a baby fell out. I can ram your car if I want to.

Except perhaps Dogs in Transit signs?
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

When did you first get these urges to ram other vehicles CT?

They could be indicative of a phobia or even a neurosis or syndrome.

Need to get it looked at.

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

It's true, it is a problem. I didn't dare post it on the cyclist thread being as there are ghost cyclists and everything now - but I also have a desperate urge to kick cyclists off their bikes. I've had it for years. One day I will...I'll be like that cat in the wheelie woman, publicly vilified but oh so happy!! :smt001
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

The cyclists thing is apparently quite normal, shouldn't worry about that.

Ramming cars with babies in, however, is worrying. Have the Camerons left your neck of the wood yet?
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

All those forum members who feel able to complain about this that or the other and expect the forum to answer all their questions about the club, other clubs, rugby and the world in general and yet cannot be bothered to put their hands in their pockets to support Rizzo's daughter in her charity appeal.
Still keeping the faith!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Cars that don't indicate when they turn somewhere.

My crystal ball isn't apparent to the eye, and I'm not a mind reader!
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

cornish tigress wrote:Baby on Board signs. Nothing makes me want to ram a car more than a baby on board sign.
How about the 'powered by fairy dust' signs. They make me so cross. :smt013
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

The council in Hull & The East Riding (seperate councils) have the habit of putting these annoying speed bumps and the cutty in things (don't know the proper term) that block off one side of the road, so you have to let the oncoming traffic through.

Hate Part 1
Letting said drivers through and they don't say thank you, makes me very mad!
Hate part 2
The council putting these traffic calming measures on roads that work perfectly well without them.

The road at the bottom of our street that has been "calmed" is like playing Russian roulette now. Nobody knows who should be going or shouldn't, at night your car lights look like you're flashing them at people when you go over a speed bump so the driver opposite you starts to drive and gets angry becuse they think you've flashed them through! :smt013
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hull Fan wrote:The council in Hull & The East Riding (seperate councils) have the habit of putting these annoying speed bumps and the cutty in things (don't know the proper term) that block off one side of the road, so you have to let the oncoming traffic through.

Hate Part 1
Letting said drivers through and they don't say thank you, makes me very mad!
Hate part 2
The council putting these traffic calming measures on roads that work perfectly well without them.

The road at the bottom of our street that has been "calmed" is like playing Russian roulette now. Nobody knows who should be going or shouldn't, at night your car lights look like you're flashing them at people when you go over a speed bump so the driver opposite you starts to drive and gets angry becuse they think you've flashed them through! :smt013
IMHO all such traffic calming measures are indicative of councils having too many emplyees with too much time on their hands and who are frivolous with rate payers money.

For every "traffic calming measure" they have installed councils should be forced to fire 2 employees and have their budget reduced by £100K. Their senior management (anyone on £40K and above) should have a 15% pay cut.
Still keeping the faith!