Dublin

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dublin

Post by TigerS2 »

Have just spent a few days in Dublin, would love to go again. The people, the atmosphere and especially their folk music were fantastic. Loved the Temple Bars. Saw Irish Dancing at the Arlington and where a band called The Legends Of Tara were playing. To anyone who has never been to Dublin, which as rugby fans, would be very few, You will have a wonderful time.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Dublin

Post by fleabane »

I've worked over there a number of times in the last 2 or 3 years, and endorse everything Tigers2 says - and more so, to be sure!
Valhalla I am coming!
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

It's a wonderful city. I've been twice and loved it both times. I loved the fact that it's so compact - very easy to walk around. Definitely recommended for an easy, fun mini-break.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I saw Bon Jovi at Croke Park in 2007, daughter and I had no clue where we were going, we just got dropped off and followed the crowd walking - a very nice slightly drunk Dublin bloke saw we looked confused, walked with us, and actually took us to the gate we needed to enter - and he offered to meet us out and walk us back afterwards.

Been to Dublin twice since, always found friendly people, some good banter if you're wearing a Tigers shirt.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

The Arlington is a great place to enjoy some live folk music, definitely worth a visit whenever you're over there.

Oh to be supping on an Irish Guinness right now... :smt007
It's only cheating if you get caught.