Other Hobbies

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Other Hobbies

Post by RugbyTiger »

Besides Rugby what other hobbies have you all got ?
In the summer when theres a blue sky, a dry road and a weekend off I like nothing better than to get on the back of my husbands motorbike and zoom of into the countryside. There is nothing more exhilerating than the speed of a motorbike as you zoom past the english countryside overtaking all the queues of cars that are backed up for miles !!!!!

Carole
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Hobbies

Post by cornish tigress »

Not so sexy - veg gardening!

And painting, walking, sculpting. Oh my god how old am I? I would have loved to have said base-running, tattoo inking, tinkering with rockets at the space programme... :smt011

But I do play electric guitar :smt035
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

My main hobby other than rugby is wildlife - watching, photographing (I'm not very good) and wildlife programmes. I potter in the garden but I'm not exactly green-fingered, and I read a lot. Intermittently I am studying various holistic therapies such as aromatherapy & reflexology, and of course I do my pagan stuff as well :smt002 I write short stories and (bad) poetry.
I have a part-time job as well as doing the moderating on here (which is unpaid and voluntary) and I keep in touch with many pals and penpals I've made over the years through my friend's rock music messageboard.

Having said all that, quite a bit of my spare time is taken up caring for my elderly disabled father.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

I too am a biker from Rugby! There is nothing better than a nice road , hot sticky tarmac and the wind in your face , blowing all your cares away.
i also enjoy my allotment and reading and ,o yeah my kids!!
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

What bike have you got Butchers Hook ?

Carole
Carole

Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Another biker here, and guitars....but never at the same time!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Me - I horse ride
I also cycle and walk - anything really as long as it means I'm outside. I get cabin fever really quickly! :smt119
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

Hairy Egg that would be interesting to see if you do try both at the same time !! What bike have you got then ?

Carole
Carole

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I'm with Rizzo on the wildlife. the birds are eating me out of house and home at the moment but I did get to see a redwing. I also love travel and combine the two when I can particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.

then there's the allotment which I've had for just one season but it was ace and I'm still digging up delicious parsnips. the section of my, admittedly small garden,which had been devoted to veg has now been turned over to soft fruit. so I wait to see how successful it it. I did get about 60 nectarines last year off the tree which I've had for about three years. lovely they were as well! I make jam and jelly with the crab apples from the street where I live and the blackberries in the hedgerows. Free food!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

I've got parsnips and leeks too, I just can't get a fork in to get them out the :censored: ground! Frozen solid.
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

I am not into gardening at all - we have mainly grass except for a rockery. I just havent got the patience for weeding etc. I am not into sewing or knitting either it would drive me insane.

Carole
Carole

Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

cornish tigress wrote:I've got parsnips and leeks too, I just can't get a fork in to get them out the :censored: ground! Frozen solid.
Have a bonfire over them, that way they will come out roasted and ready for the table, simples :smt001
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

:lol: :lol: what a fantastic idea!
Butchers Hook
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Butchers Hook »

Rugby tiger, I ride a Yam XJR1200 , it's matt black and dirty! Don't ride as much as i did before the kids came along, (they take up alot of my free time) but still manage 2-3k every year. When is it gonna thaw , i want to go for a ride now!
In my earlier post i forgot to mention going to pubs and drinking real ale . Definitly a hobby.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Like Suz, I will do anything so long as it keeps me outside in the fresh air. Whatever the weather, there are no extremes that proper clothes can't cope with.

It will normally involve horses or dogs. And since I've been in such a remore location I've started to find the variety of birds, mammals, fish and snakes to be quite interesting.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!