I've been on Countdown

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

I've been on Countdown

Post by Kinoulton »

I'd recommend it to anyone who likes to juggle with words and anagrams and all that

A great little show to be on. The production team are very very friendly, and Jeff Stelling and Rachel Riley are superb at relaxing the contestants.

The programme will be aired between now and the next lot of quarter finals.

Despite the dossier they had on me, they didn't mention Leicester Tigers I'm afraid, (Stelling seems to be strictly a footie man) so at least my anonimity is preserved. (Except from BJ who knows what I look like.)

Granada studios were filming three sets of shows that day: Countdown, Mastermind, and Jeremy Kyle.

Oh my God. The audience queueing up for Jeremy Kyle were an unbelievable mix of street trash and tarts with massive earrings. Then we had the pleasure of seeing one or two of the featured plebs, as their dressing room was opposite ours. Words fail me.

A really good day though. If anyone likes Countdown, then just go on the website, stick your name down, and you'll get an audition within a matter of weeks.

Oh, celeb count: As well as Jeff, Rachel and Susie, I met John Humphrys and Gail's son of Coronation Street. Whoever that is!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Re: I've been on Countdown

Post by h's dad »

Good for you Kinoulton. Assuming you get a specific date in advance of the airing please let us know. Although I quite like the format I'm not a regular watcher as I don't enjoy watching Richard Whiteley - I know he's gone, the time it goes out is probably awkward as well.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Good on you, Kinny. Don't often get to watch it but my Dad is a regular viewer, so let us know when you're on.

I've been on Fifteen to One.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I've been a sport 'phone a friend' on WWTBAM.
On 'Behind the criminal mind' on C4.
On BBC1 news interviewed at the Kegworth air crash.
On an ITV doc during the miners dispute.
9 or 10 radio interviews and in newspapers countless times.

Glad it's all behind me. I just live by the 4 'r's now..retirement, real ale, railways and rugby. Much better. :smt045
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Were you phoned as a friend?

I always daydream that I'll be the phone-a-friend for the million pound question and will be able to answer a stunning question like "Who wrote Horse Hoeing Husbandry" and help some well meaning friend to untold riches.

My dread though, is that I'll get phoned on a low value question, get asked who played the conductor in On The Buses, and have to say "Sorry, you just completely wasted your lifeline".
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:Were you phoned as a friend?

I always daydream that I'll be the phone-a-friend for the million pound question and will be able to answer a stunning question like "Who wrote Horse Hoeing Husbandry" and help some well meaning friend to untold riches.

My dread though, is that I'll get phoned on a low value question, get asked who played the conductor in On The Buses, and have to say "Sorry, you just completely wasted your lifeline".
"Horse Shoeing Husbandry " I could do but not "Horse Hoeing Husbandry"
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I took part (many years ago) in the Ansells Pub Quiz League, and having won our section, our team took part in the national semis and final in Birmingham. The landlord put on a coach from our pub, and we were in a tense semi-final when the question was asked: "What is the proper definition of a googly?"

I buzzed in first and got the answer right...and the collective thud of the jaws of the three men in my team hitting the ground was joyful indeed to my female ego :smt005 The questionmaster then commented that it was funny how the only woman taking part in the semi-final had got that question before all the men.
After we won the semi, the captain of our team who was a sports nut said "how the heck did you know that?" - I had to confess - I had had it in a trivial pursuit game the week before and remembered it.

I did - however - get kicked off Fifteen to One for not knowing which Irish provice Dublin was in..... (but then so did the next bloke along and he came from Belfast!).
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Hi Kinny,
No, not used. It's filmed one day in advance and the contestant sets you up with what to say.........let the phone ring three times then just say, 'Hello'.

I wasn't phoned but the pressure is immense. It caused me more stress than a firearms job or riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

madoqua wrote:Hi Kinny,
No, not used. It's filmed one day in advance and the contestant sets you up with what to say.........let the phone ring three times then just say, 'Hello'.

I wasn't phoned but the pressure is immense. It caused me more stress than a firearms job or riot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Far to many !

:smt013
Still keeping the faith!
known as eric at work
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by known as eric at work »

Bill W (2) wrote:

Far to many !

:smt013
Is that days, telephone rings or !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smt048
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Yes
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It often occurred to me that with 12 potential contestants, each with (maybe) 3 phone-a-friends, there would be 36 people out there sh*tting themselves waiting for Mr Tarrant to put them on the spot.
known as eric at work
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by known as eric at work »

Bill W (2) wrote:Yes
ALL THREE, WOW! :smt026
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

The funny bit is when your mother-in-law rings during the sh*tting oneself period.

Never got rid quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx.