Sven at Notts County? Eh?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Sven at Notts County? Eh?

Post by Kinoulton »

The world's going mad.

Forest, perennially dormant do-nothings in the pre-season transfer game have suddenly gone mental and spent 6 million quid on 9 new players and are apparently still buying.

Sleepy old Notts County have a new bunch of financial backers and have engaged Sven Sven Sven Goran Erikson to be director of football, and have also bought 8 new players.

Sir Alex Miseryguts has said than ManUre can't match the spending of Man City. What?

:smt017 Eh?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Re: Sven at Notts County? Eh?

Post by Rizzo »

And someone in the press asked Gordon Brown what he thought of SGE's appointment at Notts County..... :smt017
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
noq
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by noq »

and one of the first things he does is throw Nottingham Rugby out.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/rugby ... ticle.html
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

noq wrote:and one of the first things he does is throw Nottingham Rugby out.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/rugby ... ticle.html
I don't think it is Erickson, it looks like being from the new owners. There is a quote on the BBC news item about the rugby club being evicted which I thought was laughable.

the agreement was "not commercially advantageous to Notts County" and "incompatible with their ability to maintain a pitch suitable for first class football"

First class football at Notts County? 4th tier roundball is not First class football in anyone's opinion lets be fair.
zee

Post by zee »

It seems the new owners are buying decent players for fourth tier football so I guess theyll want a perfect pitch to emphasise the quality of their new signings and they feel they cant do this with a ground share agreement. They wouldnt want to damage their chances of promotion, just for a few quid from a 2nd division rugby team which in the scheme of getting promoted up the football ladder and the rewards that come with that, is a risk not worth taking.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

County gave Bradford an absolute pasting.

According to Sky TV, Bradford couldn't get the ball and Lee Hughes bagged a hat-trick as though it was like taking toffee off kids.

And the crowd was 10,000 which is more than Notts used to get in the top tier.

The World's gone mad.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!