Leaner, Not Necessarily Meaner Me

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Leaner, Not Necessarily Meaner Me

Post by TigrisLeicesteris »

Well I was bored so thought I'd try and start a weight loss help post :smt002

Personally; I've just lost 2 and a half stone in just over 2 weeks, and I feel great, the amount of compliments I'm getting is such as buzz.

So anyone else on a mission to lose a little bit of their self? In my case the equivalent of a small person. Though I've got to be careful not to lose too much as I'll be useless on the field :smt002
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
Welford Tigress

Re: Leaner, Not Necessarily Meaner Me

Post by Welford Tigress »

I do try to watch my weight and do as Rosemary conley says, eat less, do more! I always lose the pounds when I look after a friends dog and we go on long walks twice a day. I wouldn't walk by myself, unfortunately its too risky.
We will succeed, we cannot fail the only obstacle is doubt...
Was a great game, is still a great game, will always be a great game.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

BJ. wrote:TigrisLeicesteris, I'd be interested to hear what your regime is. There are too many clothes in my wardrobe I'd love to be able to wear again.
"2 and a half stone in just over 2 weeks"

Seems a very long time to cut a leg off.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

TigrisLeicesteris wrote:Personally; I've just lost 2 and a half stone in just over 2 weeks, and I feel great, the amount of compliments I'm getting is such as buzz.
Thats a lot - whats your secret? :smt023
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Me and Mr CT are on a health kick. My MHT charity walk training is helping. He's lost a stone and I've lost a half. Basically cutting out the daily pint of Baileys Irish Cream seemed to do the trick for me. Who'd have thought it? Mr CT never had such bad habits so he's just cut out the food. :smt001
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not to worry Pam, I'm doing it under the supervision of a Doctor. He says I'm fine as I'm losing fat not muscle and I'm taking vitamins and what not.

BJ; it's called the Cambridge Diet, you cut you calories and replace them with drinks and lots of water, though there are varying scales. Your body goes into ketosis, which is the process of making sugar for the body using fats. As you have no extra calories your body is forced to mobilise the fat stores into usuable energy to make up the shortfall.

The first few days were hell, but after that I've found I have boundless energy, and have no problems with keeping up my gym routine of 4 times a week. As you're using fat it's a much richer source of energy.

Onto my 3rd week now and as you progress the loss will slow down, and it generally comes off men quicker anyhow.

Hope that helps :smt023
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire

"Morné Steyn is awaited in Paris like the Messiah or a new generation of Apple smartphone" Ze Stade Fan
TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

No worries BJ. Good luck with it all
Voltaire

TigrisLeicesteris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks Pam, lost another half a stone :smt045
Voltaire

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I try hard to lose weight, but as I have underactive thyroid which has still not been balanced or levelled correctly, I struggle.

What irks me is looking back at photos of myself in the late 1980s when I was an aerobics and diet teacher and at the time I thought I was fat......
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

I could do with losing some weight and reckon I could do it quite easily if I gave up beer, bread and potatoes. Unfortunately I like beer, bread and potatoes.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I came back off holiday after Easter just about as fat as I've ever been. So I asked my boss how he lost weight and he recommended the South Beach diet.

Bought the book of Amazon for £2.99 and I have lost twenty pounds in three weeks without once being hungry or eating poorly.

I have a couple of stone to go, but I foresee no probs with me staying on this diet for a couple of months.

It may be more a blokes diet than a ladie's but HIGHLY recommended in any case.

My Tigers shirts is a bit baggy on me now ! Huzzah ! :D
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

This may prove to be an error, but I've entered the Brighton Marathon. April 10 2011 is M-Day! According to their website, you shouldn't start serious training until September, but I've started doing a few runs and feel better for it. I'd better lose weight, but Mrs Gonzo did the London Marathon a few years ago and said although she was burning zillions of calories, it was negated by the mountains of pasta she had to eat, to fuel the long runs.

I'm hoping the marathon will give me an amazing sense of achievement, a six pack and dissolve the love handles!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

My problem is working at home.

I don't overeat at all, and when I worked in a busy office I drank loads of tea and coffee, played 5-a-side with colleagues 4 times a week, and often called into the gym on my way home.

Working at home is fatal. Too easy to have a glass of wine with lunch, and far too tempting to work a 12 hour shift, so that by 7:30 pm the dogs are practically jumping on my head to remind me they haven't been taken for a walk yet, and I realise I've hardly moved all day.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!