Who knows anything about Excel?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who knows anything about Excel?

Post by me2 »

It depends if there are any unique identifiers that can separate the text strings (eg a question mark at the end of the first string) or if it is possible to add such an identifier before they are exported as the txt file.

I'm guessing that the questions & options are exported from another system? In which case, when they are written is it possible to add some form of identifying character at the start/end of the data field (eg a back slash or a colon?)

If so, you can then import the txt files into excel very easily using the identifying character as the delimiter in a similar way to that which you are already doing with the tab via Word but without the need for the middle step.

Alternatively (though I realise that this is less likely), if your text strings are of fixed length you can delimit them based on the number of characters at the time of importing.
sjwoodman

Re: Who knows anything about Excel?

Post by sjwoodman »

Have you got a solution to this? If not, I may be able to sort something out.

Simon