Cup Quarter final

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Cup Quarter final

Post by tigerburnie »

I now live and work in Scotland and a lad who plays for Montrose(my now "local"side)is getting a history lesson.Looking through old progams for something with a Scottish theme I came across this.Saturday 8 th March 1980,Tigers versus London Scottish,now I know I was there and I'm pretty sure we won,but didn't write down the result.Any one else there remember the result and scorers?
To refresh your memory we had Dusty at fullback,Duggan and Burwell on the wings,Dodge and Woodward in the centres and Cusworth and Kenney at half backs.
One of our best front rows,Cowling,Wheeler and Redfern.
Joyce and Gillingham in the "engine room"and Steve Johnson,Adey and young Smiths Dad "dosser" in the back row.
The "club notes" from Bob Barker are also interesting,mentions Les Cusworth scoring 30 points in the 54 to 10 win over the Harlequins the week before!
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.