The Things You Hate The Most...

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lammy

Re: The Things You Hate The Most...

Post by Lammy »

I hate those suction pads that hold sat navs, Mr Bummer(!)s etc, in place. After 28 years of trying to get the little bleeders to stick (Mr Bummer), I still haven't mastered it. Then with the inflow of all this wonderful new EXPENSIVE technology (sat navs), why don't they provide a decent holder to secure it?
I could go on talking about the annoying little gits but I feel I now need to sit in a cold dark room for half an hour
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

Why is it that when a joyriding episode goes very wrong, it turns out, according to the neighbours of the deceased, that the boys had hearts of gold and would never hurt anyone . Really ? Then why had they nicked some guy's BMW and why were they driving it around at 3.00 in the morning, oh, yes, and why did they fail to stop for the police.

The two people who contrived to try and hit me off my motorbike yesterday, I know who you are Mr White Painter & Decorator, I know where you live. Next time you pull out of a junction, instead of perving at some 12 year old school girl walking to school, look to see if there is any traffic around you ******** idiot. Also, taxi driver with a licence number of 7072 ..... you have little stems on your steering wheel which can move upa nd down, they are called indicators, next time, try using them, OR I will take a fall and claim against your insurance you absolute scum of the earth (well, maybe a little harsh there, but only a bit !).
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

I hate most young males.

At 14 they should be subjected to a 'kindness and decency' test of some sort.

If they pass, fine. If there is hope, National service. If they are scumbags, shoot 'em.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

Concert tickets to a band that you really want to see that manages to sell out in 20 minutes (for the first lot sold a few months ago) and 10 minutes (extra tickets avaliable for sale a few weeks ago).
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Those who give out sentences of 11 and 13 years to garbage who killed a man by kicking his head to jelly.

I can think of thousands of stiffer penalties handed down for 'lesser' crimes.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Roundyball commentators. Why? Because of their poor understanding of the English language.

For example, they say 'literally' when they mean exactly the opposite i.e.

'He is literally on fire tonight' / 'He's literally gone straight through the player there.' What?! Nonsense!

AND (even more annoyingly) they say 'ironically' when really they mean 'coincidentally'.

'Ironically he scored at the same end in last season's fixture.' Why is that ironic? IT IS A COINCIDENCE!

Give me Barnesy and Miles any day.

P.s I made several spelling errors before editing this - now that IS ironic!
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

My personal irrational hatred is when someone thinks their might be a surprise happening but uses a hopeless double negative.

E.G. If a November evening is noticeably cold then you can guarantee some old duffer will say: "I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't snow tonight."

So I say (because I'm annoying): "You don't think it will snow then."

And they look puzzled and say: "No, I said I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't snow tonight."

And I say: "Quite, so you obviously don't expect any snow."

'kin idiots.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

Which reminds me of the one about the teacher explaining to his class about double negatives actually meaning a positive, but that a double positive cannot ever make a negative.

At which point a voice at the back of the class says 'yeah, right...'

:smt002
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Threads that go over 20 pages..... :smt005 :smt027

People who pull into the yellow hatched box across a junction, thus blocking the junction, holding up the traffic and who sit there not caring a button. Read the Highway Code you morons!

Equally - people who don't indicate at junctions and roundabouts. I may have a crystal ball at home but it's decorative!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Mobility scooters!

I hate them, not the ones that people need for a some quality of life, just the ones for the people that are too idle to walk.
Also when they take them onto the road and hold all the traffic up, get on the path!
You don't pay road taxes so get out our way!
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

There are two people who are infamous in the Beverley area. They drive into this picturesque town like Kings Of The Road on their mobility scooters.

They are not disabled, they are just obscenely fat. And they hold their position in the middle of the road so that no one can pass.

Their small engines struggle to cope with the five million kilos of blubber they are expected to haul, so progress is painfully slow.

One day I'm going to harpoon the pair of them.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Two abreast cyclists.
Tractor drivers who delight in the length of their 'trail'.
Drivers who can't drive through a gap the size of Finland.
Dithery drivers. mainly women and old men in my experience.
Taxi drivers who think they are as important as an emergency sevices vehicle.
Truck drivers who break their necks in queues to stay level and ogle my wifes breasts. (Mind you they are magnificent).
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Women with huge norks who pull up alongside my truck so I have to ogle them.

:smt023
micahroni
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by micahroni »

chatty coworkers/classmates when clearly, you just want to focus on your work (they normally dont get the hint even if all you say is "yup. uh huh. i see"
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

A**holes who take bikes on trains.

Sunday....Aussie girl student loaded down with stuff travelling to Manchester Uni. Bearded limp-wrist and flowery girlfriend get on the train with bikes.

'This is a bike area' qouth he. The train was chokka. Limp-wrist stood as the girl struggled to move her stuff then took up enough space for 6 peeps with 2 cycles. They don't even PAY for the contraptions.

Welcome to the U.K. Aussie girl. We aren't all like that.

Tax cyclists to the hilt then shoot 'em.