The Things You Hate The Most...

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Things You Hate The Most...

Post by Hull Fan »

BJ. wrote:All these 'exchange your unwanted gold for CASH!' adverts that have sprung up recently.

"Where are you going, darling?"
"I'm just going to look for those unwanted gold ingots up in the attic, sweetheart."

Yeah! Right!
It's good news BJ, the ingots weigh a :censored: ton, the've been bowing our ceilings. I was glad to be shut of them.
We got £403.23p, it's changed our lives, i've treated Mrs Hull fan to some new gold hoop earings! Great
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

That ghastly smug family with the teenage daughter you want to slap, and the mother who says: "I find vitamins soooo confusing!"

Yes, right. They have such technical names, like, A, B1, B2, C.....

And there's only about 5 trillion websites that tell you exactly what each one of them does. And if your daughter won't take them "if she doesn't like them", then tell the silly little witch she'll either have to eat properly or get rickets
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

BJ. wrote:All these 'exchange your unwanted gold for CASH!' adverts that have sprung up recently.

"Where are you going, darling?"
"I'm just going to look for those unwanted gold ingots up in the attic, sweetheart."

Yeah! Right!

David Mitchell was particularly funny about these on Mock The Week latest series.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
devilsadvocate
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by devilsadvocate »

People who let their bias affect their judgement, as in STUART BARNES.
I am sure this has been mentioned befor but i do hate it. "trust me"
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Something went wrong with your keyboard there, devilsadvocate - lots of excess words got in somehow. I've edited it for you:

STUART BARNES. I sure do hate it.
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

Was going to make a new thread for this but I thought better.

Overweight people who believe that laws should be made to protect them because they couldn't control themselves:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8327753.stm

I may add also, I'm not the slimmest of the lot, and have had my fair share of mockery... But this is just stupid!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

These people are in denial. We all judge everyone by their appearance instantly. Everyone who's ever been to school knows that, and fat people are no different.

I used to wear faded jeans and T shirt and had shoulder length hair. This is how I fitted in with people I hung out with.

But I knew I would be judged by shopkeepers, publicans, police, taxi drivers etc as possibly undesirable. It's exactly the same with people who have tatoos, or have piercings, or who wear a burka, or have some symbol shaved into their hair. Their choice, and they'll be judged on it.

And if I choose to drink beer I don't need, and end up a bit porky, then that's my choice too. It's not an "illness", as one of those apologists claimed, it's me drinking too much of what I like, and the buck stops here.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Wow, really? I read that article and was with them 100%. It's crazy that people have a standard size they think people should be. And bullying is bullying and unacceptable whatever the supposed 'justification'. As they very pertinently said on the interview I saw, most rugby players would be classed as 'obese' if you went on weight and height alone.

So, thing I hate the most - bullies.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, there's no hope for me....I've got two tattoos, five piercings and I'm portly to say the least!

My pet hate for today - prosing religious fanatics who churn out the "Hallowe'en is worshipping Satan" bilge every year. Satan/the Devil is a concept invented by the Christian church - the name you're looking for is Cernunnos or the Horned God (sometimes associated with or known as the Green Man). He is not an evil being trying to tempt little children into the abyss because they con their parents into buying plastic capes and masks and gingerbread bats!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It does may me laugh that those who would have us believe that there was still something in this religious mullarkey still keep referring to stuff that they claim, quite literally, is gospel, when it is in fact utter gibberish concocted by confused and almost certainly gay clergy, hundreds of years after the books of the bible was writ.

Consult the original works all you want, (quite hard unless you're a language genius!), but you will find no Virgin Mary (she mated with Joseph, get over it), and absolutely no Hell.

I shall wait patiently to be struck by a bolt of lightning.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Kinoulton wrote:It does may me laugh that those who would have us believe that there was still something in this religious mullarkey still keep referring to stuff that they claim, quite literally, is gospel, when it is in fact utter gibberish concocted by confused and almost certainly gay clergy, hundreds of years after the books of the bible was writ.

Consult the original works all you want, (quite hard unless you're a language genius!), but you will find no Virgin Mary (she mated with Joseph, get over it), and absolutely no Hell.

I shall wait patiently to be struck by a bolt of lightning.
Trust me Kinny, I can make peoples lives Hell!

:snakeman: :supz: :snakeman:
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I suppose on matters concerning evolution v creationism, and all that religious nonsense, I should take a leaf out of Bill's book.

Lose the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

To lose something you must have first have possessed it!
Still keeping the faith!
ChicagoTiger

Post by ChicagoTiger »

My pet hate is fundamental atheists who try and force their opinions down my throat, whilst not realising what they're doing, is making them just as bad as the fundamental religious folk they hate so much.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Agreed, other CT. It doesn't matter how right you think you are, don't tell others how to live their lives. One size doesn't fit all. I have zero religious belief now. That suits me.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk