The Things You Hate The Most...

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Things You Hate The Most...

Post by Suz »

Rizzo wrote:People with such bad manners and discourtesy that they do not acknowledge you letting them out of a junction, waving them to cross the road or to go through a narrow obstructed bit of road first.
Was about to write the exact same thing.

Also car drivers who do not slow down for horses.
Horse riders who do not acknowledge drivers who have slowed down. It works both ways.
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

Jim__2 wrote:Trout 63 wrote:
"Rats"

Short quote, but hey.

All rats? Wild and domestic?

I have two domestic rats.

Specifically the wild rats that decided to try and take over our garden and loft space last year. :smt067
Though I have to say I wouldn't give house space to domestic ones either. Each to there own and all that.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Ah the horse debate again!

All been said before, but I must stress that the Highway Code advises horse riders where possible to ride two abreast.

This means that car drivers have to make a proper overtaking manouvre to get by.

If you ride a lone horse right at the edge of the road you can GUARANTEE that some kn*b head in a BMW will scream past at 80mph, about 1 inch from the horse, regardless of the fact that there is oncoming traffic.

Horses may poo, but they rarely kill.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Like Kinny says the Highway Code says that horse riders should be two abreast where possible.
I have in the past, when out on my own, had by outside leg hit by the wingmirror of a chelsea tractor, when the did not pull out and overtake me properley. Luckily they did not hit my horse.

I do kind of agree with the horse poo, it not nice to drive throught, but how am I going to pick it up, without having to get off the horse and become a real road hazard (and it would need to be a big poop-scoop!)
:smt039
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

After a game at the City Ground, the streets in West Bridgford are full of horse poo. From great big police horses that really know how to poo.

But by the following morning it's gone. It just disintegrates under the wheels of the traffic.

Anyway: WHAT I HATE:

British weather moaners.

When it's still they go: "Ooohh, this weather. It's bitterly cold and the fog's coming down."

When it's mild and breezy they go: "Ooo we haven't seen the sun all day, it's raining, look at them clouds."

It's Britain, it's January, what do you expect? A heatwave?
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Thanks to Kinny for this one......

The word 'mild' when applied to weather drives me nuts. What does it mean and haven't we got enough weathery type words to work with that mean stuff (rain, cold, wet, dark, cloudy, foggy to name just a few which spring to mind having looked out the window)
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Having to ring Sky.

I'm supposed to feel valued and important because my call will be answered in less than eight minutes!

Eight minutes?!! I worked in a bank call centre in the mid-90s and we had to answer the phone within three rings or management got stressy! How is it that a decade later, it's acceptable to keep people waiting for so long?
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Thanks BJ, for some strange reason you mentioning the word "dumps" has tickled me fella, I needed that.... :smt023 :smt005

A few things that get my goat:

1. People who don't indicate - a holes!
2. People who eat down the phone.
3. Tesco home insurance.
4. Surgery receptionsists who ask whether your need for an appointment at short notice is an emergency and after you give them the symptons and ask what they think, continue to tell how they couldn't possibly comment as they aren't clinically trained - why ask then you fool!
5. People who clearly break the land speed record overtaking you only to then slam breaks on and turn either left or right, going the same way and getting to their destination no quicker than if they were still behind me!
6. Trifle and anything cream related!
7. Having to wait a whole week for the next episode of 24, series 7!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

BelperJon wrote: Why should horse riders be exempt? What gives them the right to leave piles of horse droppings on the street?
I do understand what your saying BelperJon, but like I said before, I can not see how a horse rider can pick up the poop (like you would for a dogs), without becoming a major traffic hazard.
Also dog stuff is harmful, horse stuff is not.

However I can not stand when people leave their horse droppings on a footpath. Horses should never use the footpath in the first place and leaving a mess totally inconsiderate to all other users.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Perhaps Gate - with his knowledge of all things nether region - could design a horse-nappy?

People who put fog lights on their cars when it's barely even misty
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Drivers who sit in the middle lane of a motorway when there is no traffic on the inside lane

:smt017
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

In a similar vein to Gonzo's post - BT. British Telecom. Everything about them. Absolutely hopeless company with hopeless customer service. I have a BT line and that is it and if I didn't have to have that I wouldn't.

Re the horse thing: Isn't there in existence some kind of bag that hangs down below the tail and catches any droppings? Or have Ijust made that up? In which case (if it hasn't already be patented), it's my idea and my idea alone!
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The media, who, in these troubled times, refuse to let us have any good news.

The Govt bails out the banks so we don't end up with an economy to match Zimbabwe. And all the miserable experts can say is: "Oh but we'll be paying this back for years."

Sainsco's create thousands of jobs and again they have to pour cold water. "They're not REAL jobs they're just service industry jobs"

Yet when some company sheds a few hundred posts (most of which were just vacancies anyway) the glee of the experts is unconcealed. "Ah! More bad news, you sad suckers. A-ha!"