Harry Ellis autograph - HELP!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

liz101

Harry Ellis autograph - HELP!

Post by liz101 »

Hi all, i'm new here so please forgive me if im going about this the wrong way! so here is my problem!

I am a huge Tigersfan (thanks to my Dad and Grandad) and i'm slowly but surely getting my friends enjoying it too! Although admittedly they like the thighs and bums better than the game at the min - oh well!!

So one of my recently converted friends was in a book shop and Harry was in the que, now she was too shy to go up and ask him for his autograph, and ever since she has been completely annoying on how gutted she is that she missed out on the golden opportunity to talk to him! so being the lovely friend that i am i thought id try and get her one for xmas, however i have trawled the internet looking for one, and other than e-bay im all out of luck! i would be very grateful if anyone has any ideas where i could get one from. otherwise im sure my poor friend will be hanging around the bookshop from now until next year just incase he goes in there again waiting to pounce to make up for the missed opportunity!
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

Welcome to the forum liz101 :smt006

Do you go to any games ? If so, if you wait in the tunnel after the game you should be in luck.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
liz101

Post by liz101 »

thanks former prop, yeah i go to as many games as i can, unfortunatley we dont really hang around for to long after the games due to an elderly grandad who wants to get home to draw the curtains etc!! i was thinking maybe writing to the tigers but then it would just be a generic one wouldnt it?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

If you write to the player concerned directly via the club, I'm pretty sure their mail gets to them. I know a former forum user wrote to Martin Corry after winning the EDF final and got a reply, so you could try that.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

You could treat your mate to go to Tigers 'Christmas evening with George Chuter and Harry Ellis'.
Tickets are just under £20 (i think), it would be a good opportunity to meet Harry and experience George's hilarious razor wit! Its just before christmas (can't remember the exact date) and you'll be able to get tickets from the ticket office.
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
liz101

Post by liz101 »

Thanks for all the helpful advice! I never thought to write directly to Harry himself through the club,I'll definately give it a go! and i was completely unaware that there was a xmas evening going on (christ knows where i've been) i'll have to try and get tickets for it, and then she wont have to wait outside the bookshop! If anyone see's her out there just give her a smile because i have a feeling she'll be waiting a long time!
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

Hi Liz, welcome to the forum! Just have another idea of where you might be able to pick something up - I was given a signed photo which came from the Matt Hampson website - think they have quite a bit of signed stuff on there and it's all for a great cause - idea for a Christmas present for your friend maybe?! ;)
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Excellent shout, I'm sure Hambo's trust can sort this out. Have a look at their website or drop them a line.
Good luck with it.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.