What are you reading?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, which is actually not bad at all, and Lords Of The Bow, second in Conn Iggulden's Conqueror series, which is brilliant reading if Genghis Khan interests you.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
pdougietigers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by pdougietigers »

Currently reading now D-Day by Stephan Ambrose
Al murrys -The Pub Landlord's Book of British Common Sense which is really very funny
dasy2k1
Location: Manchester (term time) Loughborough (non term time)

Post by dasy2k1 »

for sporting books
lance armstrong's semi autobiography "its not about the bike" is a good read
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Just started "The Merlin trilogy" by Mary Stewart.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Just finished 'Ghost' by Robert Harris. Cracking good yarn, and not totally implausible.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Cureently reading the series of books that start with Twilight which has just been made into a film. it's the first set of books that have really engrossed me since harry potter, definatey reccommend to anyone
Mafi is my man.
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

I can thoroughly recommend John O'Farrell's 'An Utterly Impartial History of Britain.' Think 1066 And All That, with lots of reference to 21st century issues. Very silly, very funny!
Last edited by Gonzo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

In between the anatomy, massage and electrotherapy books for my exam on friday :smt022

currently getting into richard hammonds autobiography and going to try and read atonement over the christmas break!
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

:smt006 Hi How are you doing? How's the course going?
It's a good book, read it a couple of months back and really enjoyed it. Very honest and fascinating insight into recovering from a head injury.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

Heyy, yeh I'm not too bad have recovered from the mystery illness that I've had for the past 2 months just in time for the exam :smt001 Course is amazing - hard work but so enjoyable I love it!!

Yeh taking me a while to get into at the moment - a million and one things to read/learn/do but really enjoying it - makes a nice to change to muscles!!

How are you? Haven't been around in ages, haven't been to a Tiger's match in what feels like forever either :smt022
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

100%rugbygirl wrote:Heyy, yeh I'm not too bad have recovered from the mystery illness that I've had for the past 2 months just in time for the exam :smt001 Course is amazing - hard work but so enjoyable I love it!!

Yeh taking me a while to get into at the moment - a million and one things to read/learn/do but really enjoying it - makes a nice to change to muscles!!

How are you? Haven't been around in ages, haven't been to a Tiger's match in what feels like forever either :smt022
There seem to have been a number of different bugs that have been circulated and recirculated around the student population since the end of September.

Just started 'Panic' by Jeff Abbott. Would make a good film.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

It was awful - just could not seem to get rid of it, and then just as I thought I was getting better would get a cold or ear infection and it would be right back!!
I hate being ill

The anatomy exam is over so those books are hidden away for a while - back to the hamster
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?