What are you reading?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

Try The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (I think) totally addictive.

Other authors Steven Erikson and George R.R. Martin writers of multi book serials again very compelling with plot twists.
:smt096 [/b]
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

having done a lot of sitting around at airports yesterday, I have finished my previous book and am now reading Dawn On a Distant Shore by Sara Donati - the second in a series of novels about the white settlers and native Americans in 19th century USA. It has some fabulous Mohawk names for some of the characters - Runs-From-Bears, for one :smt005
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Gray

Post by Gray »

I'm currently proof-reading my post in this thread.....
sjwoodman wrote:
Am also a fan of popular science books am also reading The Code Book by Simon Singh (for the second time). It gives an introduction to cryptography through the ages (Caesar -> Mary Queen of Scots -> present day). It might sound a bit geeky but it's very well written and accessible to anyone.
Yep, I've read that book several times (and watched the tv series) - I'm currently trying to decipher Stage 4 - The Vigenere Cipher.

Other books I'm currently reading include "3000 Strangers" by J Ann Paul (about navvy life on the Kettering to Manton railway), and "Lost Railways of Leicestershire & Rutland" by Geoffrey Kingscott.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

I've just fnished reading Diego Maradona's autobiography. Quite interesting. I like the fact he called Peter Shilton a 'Thermos Head' :smt005
Blimey...
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Just finished reading "Playing the Enemy" by John Carlin, an excellent thought provoking book. Don't be conned by the picture of Francois Piennar on the cover into believing it's a rugby book, it's not (and probably better for that).
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Crivvens wrote:I've just fnished reading Diego Maradona's autobiography. Quite interesting. I like the fact he called Peter Shilton a 'Thermos Head' :smt005
Is he aware that an entire nation of football fans call him "a fat cheating washed up dago b*st*rd?"
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Kinoulton wrote:
Crivvens wrote:I've just fnished reading Diego Maradona's autobiography. Quite interesting. I like the fact he called Peter Shilton a 'Thermos Head' :smt005
Is he aware that an entire nation of football fans call him "a fat cheating washed up dago b*st*rd?"
I suspect he has an inkling! Half-decent player though, more's the pity. :smt011
It's only cheating if you get caught.
biggles78

Post by biggles78 »

Currently reading Forgotten Voices of the second world war by Max Arthur.

Before that it was Their darkest hour by Laurence Rees.

Both are real life history lessons and don't half make you think..

Before these two it was Around the world in 80 days by Jules Verne. Kiddys book but good light relief!

(oh yeah and a copy of the Melton Times/crimes the olds brought me on their last trip :smt001 )
THE BOLDEST MEASURES ARE THE SAFEST
T T

Post by T T »

Have just finished Johnny Wilkinsons new book , took a little getting into but generally a good read, it makes you understand the man a lot and also asks a few questions of your self . Would recommend !
T x
Silvermachine

Post by Silvermachine »

Winnie The Pooh, Thomas The Tank Engine and Mr Bean. After endless hours of readings and re-readings of them to my nephew Lewis who is three years old, I've become strangely fixated with them. At the very same time, Lewis seems to want more sophisticated reading matter now and appears to have outgrown his uncle. :smt003
Never poo-poo someone elses poo-poo
Frustrated player

Post by Frustrated player »

I'm currently reading 'bones to ashes' by kathy reichs.
Bit hard to get into but any of her other books I've read are the same.
The terrace is not the place for the too easily offended.
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

I'm reading Bill Beaumonts autobiography, by Bill Beaumont suprisingly ! :smt002

When I get time to read it, its a good read.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Frustrated player wrote:I'm currently reading 'bones to ashes' by kathy reichs.
Bit hard to get into but any of her other books I've read are the same.
I found Kathy Reichs a bit difficult to read as well - not particularly sympathetic. But it would have helped if I hadn't seen 'Bones' on Sky1.

Currently reading 'Imperium' by Robert Harris. A bit slow starting, but getting going now.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

Austin Healey's autobiography. I dont get very far as the drool puddle gets too big
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.