Life in Cold Blood

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Life in Cold Blood

Post by DCat »

Did anybody see this tonight? Absolutely brilliant! Attenborough tells things in such an interesting way, and the camerawork is out of this world. Well worth catching up with on the new BBC iPlayer thingy. Probably would have been even better in HD if I'd remembered.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

agree - superb. liked the snake swallowing the deer. and Attenborough's sheer joy at finding that tiny chameleon. hope it all comes out on DVD - I'm sure it will
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

I watched it last night with my mum! Strangely it was really interesting! Even my mum enjoyed it and I thought she would hate it!

I'm guessing that it's just a one off documentry, although it would be nice if it was turned into a series like thing. I would watch it every week for sure!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Jim__2 wrote:I watched it last night with my mum! Strangely it was really interesting! Even my mum enjoyed it and I thought she would hate it!

I'm guessing that it's just a one off documentry, although it would be nice if it was turned into a series like thing. I would watch it every week for sure!
it IS a series! It have (I think) 5 parts - and there will be a DVD of the series. The book is already available. You can also send off for a poster of British reptiles and amphibians - useful for primary teachers or parents of small ones perhaps?

more information here http://tinyurl.com/38mp4d

I met Sir David 20 odd years ago when the first Life On Earth series came out (he knows my Dad), and he was the most charming, friendly and wildly enthusiastic man. I loved every minute of the programme last night (even the more icky bits!).

So isn't is a disgrace that the BBC are making so many jobs redundant at the Natural History Unit at Bristol? :smt013
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Jim__2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Jim__2 »

so its every monday then?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Attenborough is a demigod. I like him even more than I like Castro, and I can't say fairer than that.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

I loved it! And with all the adaptations etc it's good for biology as we're doing a module on ecology.
The lizard that bites its tale is so cute!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Jim__2 wrote:so its every monday then?
Mondays at 9pm. repeated the following Sunday at around 7pm on BBC2 I think.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother