who has a pet??

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

hohe
Top Cat
Top Cat

who has a pet??

Post by hohe »

well, i have a pet hamster called Bomber. he is a syrian and a bloomin big one at that. weird thing is that he will eat anything going-seriously! he's always spoilt n he had two presents of me and one of my mum at christmas. after christmas i went out and bought him a new cage - quite expensive - but he is worth it. so, what pets do you lot have what tales can you share about them :smt043
piczo - its kwl

check out www.holsgr8.piczo.com
-----------------------------------
i was on the basketball pitch, all i heard was yeahh go on hollie!! i just scored my first basket of the season!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

We have three cats (two originals and a stray who billeted himself on us). All of them very affectionate and lovely and long-suffering with the boys, but less attractively also prone to honking up hairballs just where you're most likely to tread on the resulting pile with bare feet when you go downstairs first thing in the morning. Into each life a little semi-digested Go-Cat must fall...
scrambo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by scrambo »

we cant have any pets as we live in a rented place and the rules are no pets!

My parents have two cats and a dog. Which they got when i was living at home so i guess technically.......

lets see. one of the cats my mum had a dream about, told us about it the next day and then a week later this cat jumped in her car and was exactly as she described in her dream - he was a ferral cat though so he attacked you everywhere you went lol oh and his idea of chasing something is an empty crisp packet.

The doggy comes from the blue cross and hubby chose her (who was my boyfriend at the time),she adores him and goes nuts whenever we go over to visit, then has a huge temper tamtrum when we leave graping a toy and shaking it. She was a replace to keep one of our old dogs back then company as we had just had my baby who was 18 put down and he was so lonely, low and just started giving up so rosie seemed to pick up him and he lasted about 4 years longer.
Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Before anyone says it, no, I don't have a black cat! Too cliched :smt002

I have a couple of fish in the pond in the garden, quite a lot of frogs in and around that area (mostly hibernating at the moment) and a very large spider that appears to be living under the gas fire at present. Do any of those count?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Trout 63
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Trout 63 »

11 yr old Weimaraner - we got him at 4½, rescue boy who has made an appearance on here in the past :smt003

10 yr old Irish Wolfhound - we got him at 10 weeks. He was cute then, but difficult to be cute when you're an 80kg dog! :smt002

and curiously (Need to ask Mrs Trout :smt017 ) we acquired 9 goldfish and a loach a couple of months ago.
I don't understand how it happened - or why for that matter. But hey-ho ... anything for a quiet life :smt018
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

We have got a corn snake that is nearly 4 years old &
a Nutty springer spaniel who is 6 months old now :smt001
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Spud the Dog, aka Dave. Little ginger bullet is a cross Jack Russel and Norfolk Terrier.

Jackie, female minature Jack Russell pup and all round pain in the aris.

Dorothy, tabbie cat.

Rose. Black and silent. Daughter of Dorothy. Known by everyone locally as Stealth Cat, as people walk into their rooms and cupboards to find Rose in there and have no idea how she managed it.

Jake. Great big proud horse making a name for himself at Dressage.

Doug the Donkey. Small, noisy and belligerent.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I have two mini spikes (sharky & mophead) do they count?

If not we have two cats, Mandu & Roger (17 & 16 yrs old respectively). Mandu's brother Seafa passed away a couple of years back.

We have a gold fish called Patrick and a gerbil called Hulk.

Recent discussion has been had about getting a dog which hopefully has now been agreed is a bad idea (for the dog not us) and now won't happen.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

We have a black labrador who is 6, who rather enjoys leaping onto your lap, which is a pain sometimes as he's rather big

A springer spaniel who is 15 who is rather old and decrepit, but gets very excited about food

A cat who is 10 and a right pain in the **** sometimes
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

My mum and Stepdad have the American pedigree variety, and the Norwegian Forest variety.

Not pets, but they also three Alpacas, which will be sheared in May for some very good wool.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

3 yr old golden lab called mollie, 9 yr old cat called pushka, goldfish called razors, 2 gerbils oh and 3 kids!!
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

I don't have a pet at home but at my Dads farm their is a cat that has adopted the farm to live there and it is called Dave. But its a girl!?
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
hohe
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hohe »

tigerman wrote:We have got a corn snake that is nearly 4 years old &
a Nutty springer spaniel who is 6 months old now :smt001
i would love a snake but my mum has other thoughts
piczo - its kwl

check out www.holsgr8.piczo.com
-----------------------------------
i was on the basketball pitch, all i heard was yeahh go on hollie!! i just scored my first basket of the season!
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

10yr old Westie named Barneydog, mad as a box of frogs, spends his entire life staring intently at his Ball in the hopes that it'll move so he can pounce on it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.