details of 25 million people go missing

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simonp

details of 25 million people go missing

Post by simonp »

those of us who watched the news last night will know that 2 CDs worth of personal details of families with a child under 16 have 'gone missing'. no-one knows if they have fallen into the hands of criminals but these details include names, addresses, dates of birth, NI numbers and bank account details.

surely this is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, mistake under Brown's reign so far?

for those of you know are not sure what i'm talking about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7103566.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7104945.stm

not a good time to be Alistair Darling! :smt011
- Simon
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Whilst we are all happily blaming the politicians they didn't actually copy or post the discs. This would have been some-one in the 'civil service'

This is gross negligence and I trust some-one in there gets their wrists slapped for it.

Equally the National Audit whatsit are equally to blame as why would they want a copy to audit anyway? They should have gone to have a look.

But in essence what a mess.

As for not a good time to be Alistair Darling is there such a thing?
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
simonp

Post by simonp »

SPIKE@srufc wrote:As for not a good time to be Alistair Darling is there such a thing?
Not with those eyebrows :smt002
- Simon
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Panic over, they've been found :smt002

http://tinyurl.com/38k4t5
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

Excellent!
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It makes me laugh that they are trying to shrug it off as an error by a "junior member".

For heaven's sake, and half decent organisation has levels of protection, security, encryption and so on, so that it is impossible for a "junior" to get access to data like this, let alone download it to a portable device.

Do you suppose that in the organisation you work for, it would be possible for a junior payroll clerk to single handedly copy and save your payroll information and send it somewhere.?

If so, you would not be happy.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Panic over, they've been found :smt002

http://tinyurl.com/38k4t5
Not according to tonight's news.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7106366.stm
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

have they been found? I aint heard anything
i think this mess sits at the doors of all the meddling uselsss anti democratic pedantic pen pushing civil servants who do a bad job. not to say they all do just the ones who are rude and ignorant and stunningly arrogant. exhibit A, my neighbour caring for his 88 yr old sick mother rings the wheelchair section in cardiff after exhausting all other possibilities

good afternoon can you help I need a wheelchair for my sick 88 yr old mother pls can you help.
answer - its summer time there probably all out(silence)
ok so is there anything
answer - oh Ill check now. 1 left do you want it or what?
nice attitude. he never got it, she died 12 months later never left the builing in last 2 yrs

these civil servants and their bosses need to finally wise up and deliver what we pay them to deliver. also basic good manners should be compulsory or a sacking should follow.

this mess is also all over brown and blair too who oversaw these endless new petty laws and stealth taxes. cant help feeling brown is the man to fear with this big brother lark though
H E RICHARDS
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I used to live opposite a Notts County Council worker. He was a qualified accountant and very well paid.

However, his list of excuses for having days off was endless.

He had to drive to Newcastle one evening for purely personal reasons. His wife insisted that he took the whole day off work (as sick leave), because if he did a day's work AND drove to Newcastle, he'd be very tired.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!