how do i win her back??

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tank
Tiger Cub

how do i win her back??

Post by Tank »

any ideas how i can my ex back? dont wanna give up on it just yet!!!
Tank
Tiger Cub

Post by Tank »

i was an idiot thinking that she would have an easier time at uni without worrying bout me 100 miles away so split with her and like the song says you dont know what you got till its gone. still love her but dont know her side. too scared to ask in case i get the answer that i dont want!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

From experience:

long distance relationships are not often successful. There are always exceptions to the rule, but people change a great deal when they go to university or college, make new friends, get new interests etc.

You will suffer more if you don't ask or make the approach to your ex. I don't know your age (but assume you are University age?) but the old adage faint heart never won fair lady does work. In short, if you don't suggest a reunion or approach her, then you will never know what might have been.

Write to her. Say you've realised what a donkey you've been and what a mistake you made, say how you miss her and everything about her, then ask if you can call her and talk. If she's open to that, then suggest you go and visit her.

But prepare yourself that she will change and have other interests and friends at University.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Tank
Tiger Cub

Post by Tank »

well if that works i will come down to tigers and buy you both a pint!!! but now its just a waiting game cos its just gone in the post box! i hope it works!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

long distance relationships can work. my boyfriend goes to college.... in america! lol. only see him at christmas and summer and whenever i can afford to go over. if you love her, and you say you do, then you can make it work!

you definitely need to find out how she feels about you!! just ask! and a letter is a great idea, i love getting letters. far more special than an email or a text.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Well done Tank. Hope it works out well for you. Either way, it's better now as you'll have no regrets that you didn't speak up.
:smt023

BJ Is it wise to give "Ah, just shoot her" comedy advice to someone called "Tank"! I'll be looking out for the picture of the Chieftain on campus in the papers from now. :smt032

I never thought I'd use that emoticon. Thanks Beej!
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

my advice having been in this situation very very recntly is to admit what a donkey you have been at certain points over the relationship and say sorry for those events and actually mean it not just say it like men usully do, and then take poitive steps to prove to her that you do actually mean sorry. i she's any sort of decent women given a bit of time and a bit of space she'll come round. but remember time is a great healer and patience is a virtue.
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Tank wrote:dont wanna give up on it just yet!!!
Rizzo wrote:, then you will never know what might have been.
ergh... im enduring something similar to the above - and they were my sentiments exactly, just dont expect it to definately go your way because you'll only be disappionted.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

As a man who has experienced two marriages and one divorce, financed several house purchases, raised my kids and someone else's, and now find that months last a bit longer than my money does....

Don't rush into any long term relationships.

Pay for sex when you want it. It's always cheaper in the long run.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Ah that's so sweet. I couldn't agree more!
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Kinoulton wrote: Pay for sex when you want it. It's always cheaper in the long run.
i have a hand...her name is shirley.
Tank
Tiger Cub

Post by Tank »

palmela and her five sisters!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Anagram of Newark !!

...Tank old boy, if you love her THAT much, my advice is drive down and see her and tell her to her face exactly what you think of her and how you've made a big mistake. If she sends you back empty handed, at least you will be comforted by the fact that you tried. There is no greater indication to her of how you feel by you travelling 100 miles to tell her...if she does turn your down, my advice is... :drinkers:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Can you stop the implied naughty subject posts please? :smt018
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
BenWL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by BenWL »

Having been away to college I can say that it's not the distance it's the fact that she is having new experiences every day with a new group of friends which don't include you.

So her life will be travelling in a different direction from yours. I have seen it with so many of my friends who have gone to college.

Give it all up and make a fresh start. There is nothing to ease the pain of loss than the excitement of a new relationship.