Stag/Hen parties

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stag/Hen parties

Post by Former Prop »

Just got back from my brothers stag weekend, 12 of us (the dirty dozen :shock: ) descended on Birmingham yesterday lunchtime, then went Go-Karting and then pubbing and clubbing. Got bed about 4.30 this morning, up at 7. Back to Narborough for a couple more jars and a 'stag lunch'.
Know I now this isn't particularly exciting, knowing what some people now do on stag/hen events, but some of the party were on a budget, and a great time was had by all. (Can't remember the last time I drank so much).

Anyway, What are other peoples memories of stag/hen events?
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Iain, Rizzo ? Can material published here be used in front of a foreign court ?

I'd better not post about stag nights of old, if it is the case...
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

My view of stag parties is just to take the stag (who you're meant to like) out drinking. Talk about old times, get a bit drunk and have a real jovial laugh.

All this billucks about Prague, Dublin, lap dancing, handcuffing people to a smurf, doing crack in Amsterdam, hiring women in Amsterdam etc etc is for dumbf*cks who wouldn't know a good time if it fell on their heads.

Your night in Brum sounded perfect. What's wrong with that?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

when i find the right fella i'm going to be having a stag night but only because all my mates are blokes so there ain't much point calling it a hen night because i'll be the only girl on it.
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

In France, the stag night is called "burial of the bachelor's life" and was originally organised to make sure that the bridegroom knew enough about life to keep the legend of French lovers going. Hence the illegal aspect of the ceremony. Prostitution always was illegal here, I mean, kinda, but is legally taxed as any other form of revenue. Long live the French taxman.

Alternatively, you can drink your mate in a stupor so that he doesn't know for sure whether you took him there or not.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Former Prop
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Former Prop »

My view of stag parties is just to take the stag (who you're meant to like) out drinking. Talk about old times, get a bit drunk and have a real jovial laugh.
As I was the only married one on this party, the others kept asking me what I had done for my Stag night, 8 years ago. They couldn't believe it when I said Just a couple of local pubs and then in town.

All these Go Karting, Paintballing, Dog racing, Trips to Dublin/Prague/Amsterdam, Clay pigeoin shooting etc have only really come about in the last 5 years or so.
Our period of waiting is over - this is the time.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

It also means that the only "mates" than come to your stag do are those that can afford to spend the time and money on an "activity" weekend.

I know loads of people who are dropping out of a couple of stag weekends I'm close to because they'd have to be away from Friday to Monday and spend loads of cash.
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Really hate the whole hen night thing. Asked my friends not to do it, but as there were 2 of our gang getting married at about the same time they still organised one and it would have been too rude not to go. I endured it is the only way to put it. I think it's stupid. Stag nights too. This was 21 years ago mind and not the big deal it is now. But a room full of drunk women is my idea of hell. I'm with you BOD. Next time I get married I'll just invite men!
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I didn't have one, and my husband's consisted of sandwiches and a couple of pints with some workmates at the pub near where he worked then (although they did make him a silly hat to wear.)

I went to a friend's Hen Night a couple of years ago (her 2nd marriage) and it cost a fortune with drinks, taxi and a meal - and even the bride said it was a waste of money afterwards :roll: I also can't see the point of the utter rip off trashy pink banners, hats, handcuffs, L plates, garters, veils and so on that are on sale for Hen night parties.

Should circumstances ever dictate that I get married again (which I wouldn't) I'd rather disembowel myself with a spoon than have a "fun Hen night" arranged for me. But then I am middle aged and grumpy.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
muttley75
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by muttley75 »

Have to say that I think that my mate's got it about right! He had a home and away stag do!

Those that couldn't afford the 'Away' leg went into town with him for a curry and a night out afterwards (was a rather heavy night but still....). There was loads of us, we all sort of behaved, well until we got back to my pub for a late one that is!!

And he away leg was all the male members of his family (and there's loads) and his closest friends (so about 30 of us went) for a long weekend to Bratislava. Nothing silly really, just ALOT of drinking, and we made him wear a bear suit and a tutu for the weekend, a few drinking games and a lot of toasting the groom and wishing him the best in the future!

Now looking forward to the wedding this saturday......
the schizophrenic mutt - tiger or fox, tiger or fox, errrrr!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568315524
www.myspace.com/martindurrad
BO'D is GOD
Super User
Super User

Post by BO'D is GOD »

[quote="cornish tigress"]Really hate the whole hen night thing. Asked my friends not to do it, but as there were 2 of our gang getting married at about the same time they still organised one and it would have been too rude not to go. I endured it is the only way to put it. I think it's stupid. Stag nights too. This was 21 years ago mind and not the big deal it is now. But a room full of drunk women is my idea of hell. I'm with you BOD. Next time I get married I'll just invite men![/quote]

i have no choice but to invite only men, i have no friends that are girls.
Irish rugby groupie.
allez les bleus!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Not a fan of stag nights. never been on one but from what i've seen and experienced its not good unless you're on one, but people tend to lose all responsibility and act very silly. Im sure i'd think different if it was me out on one though.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

At my last stag night, I was drinking away in a village pub when, at about 10:30, I was "tipped off" that they planned to handcuff me, put me in a boat, and set me adrift on the canal basin.

This sounded about as funny as King Lear.

So on the pretence of going to the gents, I quickly legged a mile downit the road to the next village, where my missus was having her Hen night.

Whilst all the village idiots were having a boys' night in the pub and wondering where the stag had got to, I was dancing in a room full of about 30 women.

I laughed my head off.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Best one I've been on was in my home town (wildest Norfolk - !!) there were 12 of us and we hired a resturant for the night. Had a totally brilliant meal in our own time, a couple of bottles of port and brandy and just chatted about old times, future plans and wishes and all that stuff. (Days before I stopped drinking).

The grooms father and father-in-law joined us and we had a really good time just eating, chatting and drinking. We were well behaved and all walked home, no one was carried, ill, or anything else.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

I've only ever been to one stag night, my brothers. Had a nice bonfire on the beach, I left at about 11 (it started at about 7/8), when the drinking started in earnest. But until I left it was really fun.

Now to change topic slightly, where was this go-karting track FP? Was it a big track? I'm looking for tracks to go to when I come to England, and so far the best one is the one in Streatham, London. The problem with it is that its in Streatham, London.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."