Computer Genious?!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Computer Genious?!

Post by mrsmoody »

I bought a webcam the other day so we can videos etc to my sister who has gone to spain for 3 months... Only trouble is I can't get the software to install! I follow the instrcutions, but the final window never comes up to say 'Install Shield Wizard has Installed' or something, then you click finish... Does anyone know what could be wrong?! I have windows XP and said it's compatable...
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

What kind of webcam is it? If it isnt installing properly id just plug it in and see if windows can find the correct software. if not, type the name of the camera (make and model) and will see if i can find the correct drivers for you :oD
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

Erm it's a trust one and I'm now downloading the driver off the internet... so fingers crossed!

DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

OK Hannah - how did it go?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

Didn't work! Am taking it back and going to PC world or somewhere this time!

andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Noooo, dont go to PC world. I wouldnt buy a thing from those robbing gits

Try here if you want great service and cheap parts

www.ebuyer.com

I have used them loads of times and they are fantastic
jshelley802

Post by jshelley802 »

andy182 wrote:Noooo, dont go to PC world. I wouldnt buy a thing from those robbing gits

Try here if you want great service and cheap parts

www.ebuyer.com

I have used them loads of times and they are fantastic
I agree. The way ebuyer have changed over the past year or two has been fantastic. They used to have awful customer service, even without a telephone number. Now everything arrives on the exact day they say and they are easy to contact if anything goes wrong.

As for PC world, dont get me started with them. My dad brought a graphics card from there for the home PC. I normally sort things out like that but as I am at university at the moment, he did it. He brought an incompatable one. When i took it back, I was told that I couldnt have refund even though it was a couple of days after and had receipt, as they dont do refunds on hardware!!! Knew he was talking rubbish, as I had read the returns policy and asked to speak to the manager, got all of my dads money back. He paid £109.99 for the card, checked on ebuyer and it was £54.99. They get away with charging stupid prices because they know the average joe has nowhere else to go! (similar situation to the high food prices at twickenham!)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

my mum's fella is a genius he can solve everything pc related, not sure how good he'd be online tho
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!