Britains best stadiums?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Britains best stadiums?

Post by burly bill mclaren »

new wembley
twickers
mill stadium
murrayfield
celtic park
hampden
old trafford
emirates
st james park
ibrox
man city
anfield
etc

what are best , why and in what order?
H E RICHARDS
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

millennium stadium is good, not been to new wembley but yeah will be there in 2 weeks, i like ibrox and obv anfield and WR too, but i also like killie's ground rugby park. st james' park is pretty cool too, and i like bolton's ground cause of the hotel de vere, got fond memories of that
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Sincil Bank.....
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

wembley looks pretty awesome but I found myself misisng the old character and charm of old wembley. maybe Im too sentimental but these new stadiums are all starting to look the same.

isnt there a way to design them to look a bot of old and new? maybe take an old scoreboard and an old clock? anything I missed the twin towers and the place just seemed so huge and the seats so far back not to mention wembley is in the middle of nowehere. I think it will get backer atmosphere wise as the memories grow and the outside is completed properly
H E RICHARDS
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Been to a grand total of 4 stadiums - Twickenham, Ashton Gate, The Memorial Stadium, and Goodison Park. Goodison is the best obviously out of the ones i've been to.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
boondock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by boondock »

franklins gardens has to be one of the top club rugby grounds, either in nl1 or the gp - plenty of parking, bars, toilets and not a bad view to be had.

i have to admit to some bias, of course, but that ground has such sentimental value for me.

when we get the team to match the quality of the facilities we'll be back at the top.

COME ON YOU SAINTS.
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

WELFORD ROAD !!! :oD
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

been to 24 stadiums that i can think of, 25 next week when i go to wem-ber-lee
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

24 wow and whats your fave?
H E RICHARDS
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Just had a quick add-up and reckon that I've seen a game at 22 of the current 92 Premier and Football League grounds, plus a few rugby grounds, Filbert Street, the Millennium and the old Wembley. I've also been around the Stadium of Light and Stamford Bridge on stadium tours.

The best I've seen a match at is the City of Manchester Stadium, although the fact that Leicester City won 3-0 there could colour my view slightly! I also like the Reebok Stadium in Bolton, and the Millennium and the Stadium of Light are obviously great stadia when full, but they weren't when I went there. On a slighter smaller level, Home Park in Plymouth is a pleasant ground in an attractive setting.

The worst - Elland Road (big but rubbish - or the away area is anyway), the Bescot Stadium in Walsall (small and rubbish - manages to combine all the downsides of building a new ground with none of the advantages), and the old Wembley (bags of history but you could see why it needed rebuilding!)
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Passed near Wembley on the way to HQ - 2,600 bogs (the most in one place in the world, they say) and an archway you can run a train through.

Awesome
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

burly bill mclaren wrote:24 wow and whats your fave?
prob the olympic stadium in berlin. i'm bias into hating old trafford as its home of the scum, it rained when i went there too, i like kingsholm as well its got bags of character. worst stadiums i've been too are prob loftus road, the madejski and yeah elland road is pretty grim. the nou camp isn't that great either but i had a good time there
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

I like the nou camp!!

Twickers is a bit rubbish, mill stadium is just fabulous i love it, the atmosphere everything is great except the food!!
like anfiled alot but then again bit bias as i would be saying that WR is amazing

Kingsholm aint bad, i quite like the memorial ground but not soo keen on ashton gate tho!!
My boyfriend or rugby?

What times kick off?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

At last count, I think I have watched rugby at 39 different venues around the world in the last decade, plus numerous others in the UK for football & cricket matches.

I think my favourite UK venue has to be the Millennium Stadium & possibly my favourite outside of the UK is Satdium Australia or Parc des Princes.

PdP is a bit of a concrete monstrosity but the atmosphere when full makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, hence why it is there, despite being a bit of a dump!