'The Mothers'

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lily Tigrinum
Tiger Cub

Post by Lily Tigrinum »

Oh CT I'm starting to worry about Kinny quite a lot, have you noticed how he keeps popping up on chat threads to talk about ironing, cooking, mothers, knitting, marriage, colour coordination ....

I think he's in denial about his feminine side and needs some therapy to work it out, shall I invite him to my flower arranging class?
Desdemona, designer of the Cosmic Muffin

...every Mother needs an Older Brother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Lily, I'd love to join your female activities so that I can rekindle my feminine side.

How about we start with a jacuzzi party?

I'll get my Speedos.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

Oh Lily, you really don't know what you've done :lol:
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Lily Tigrinum wrote:are arms fairs like school fairs? if so I might find my knitting needles.

I prefer desert pink myself
School fairs are so much more scary than a weapons fair.

what is it with colours? What the heck is desert pink? deserts are sand, sand is brown.

Mrs Spike keeps refering to strange colours (ecru, fushia, etc) or brown and red as I see them.........
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Men can describe more or less everything as: black, white, red, blue, yellow, green, orange, purple, brown.

A prefix such as: light, pale, dark can be used.

Women though, have to have 4,000 words for EXACTLY THE SAME COLOURS.

They need magenta, navy, lemon, beige, khaki, mauve, burgundy and all those other words. Because they're :censored: mental.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

I have got to the sad point that I can actually give you pretty accurate CMYK values for any colour you care to show me. But then I do do it all day as a job.
Lily Tigrinum
Tiger Cub

Post by Lily Tigrinum »

don't get depressed about it, Spike and Kinny, most men are colourblind so you are not alone, we have names for all of them because there are so many of them - to us it's like the difference between b/w TV and colour TV

SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Lily Tigrinum wrote:don't get depressed about it, Spike and Kinny, most men are colourblind so you are not alone, we have names for all of them because there are so many of them - to us it's like the difference between b/w TV and colour TV
There are 16 colours, Microsoft are never wrong!!

btw do they still do b/w TVs??
SPIKE

Lily Tigrinum
Tiger Cub

Post by Lily Tigrinum »

Kinny, did Mrs K not tell you that Speedos are sooooo definately not in this year, you haven't been listening to a word she's said have you :hammer:

If she can knit you a nice pair of boxers and a pair for Mr T too I will give her a hand with making the coal bunker and maybe CT can give some advise about colour schemes, I'm starting to understand now why you find it all so scarry, it's good to talk.

See this feminine side is not that difficult is it?

Lily Tigrinum
Tiger Cub

Post by Lily Tigrinum »

There are 16 colours, Microsoft are never wrong!!

but Hewlett Packard can turn them into 256 on the printer, hey thats 16 squared, is that significant ?

SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Lily Tigrinum wrote:There are 16 colours, Microsoft are never wrong!!

but Hewlett Packard can turn them into 256 on the printer, hey thats 16 squared, is that significant ?
yep, it's just colours mixed so that one is a bit reddy blue and that one is a bit browny green and so on......16 colours........microsoft, never wrong........

;o)
SPIKE

Lily Tigrinum
Tiger Cub

Post by Lily Tigrinum »

Spike I think you've been staring at the greeny,bluish,reddy screeny thing for too long, never mind it's nearly 5.00pm. Does this help ....

If Microsoft had been the first to invent books:

1. Before you can open the cover of your new book, you must obtain a book activation code by phoning Microsoft.

2. Sorry, only one person may ever read your book.

3. It's full of spelling mistakes and typos.

4. When you're reading your book, the type can mysteriously disappear.

5. Libraries, which are for sharing books, are illegal.

6. You must acknowledge you have read and understood the Book License Agreement Hype (BLAH) before you can read your book.

7. Microsoft has the right to enter your premises to conduct book inspections to make sure your book is being read in accordance with the BLAH.

8. The Book Users' Group General Alliance (BUGGA) calculates that the annual loss of revenues to Microsoft arising from BLAH violations in 2001 was $10.97 billion.

9. There are two versions of your book - the "Standard" and the "Pro" versions. In the standard version, those pages containing the most useful information have been stuck together.

10. At random times the letters your book may suddenly scramble for no apparent reason. Simply give the book a good kicking - this is called rebooting.

SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Lily Tigrinum wrote:Spike I think you've been staring at the greeny,bluish,reddy screeny thing for too long, never mind it's nearly 5.00pm. Does this help ....

If Microsoft had been the first to invent books:

1. Before you can open the cover of your new book, you must obtain a book activation code by phoning Microsoft.

2. Sorry, only one person may ever read your book.

3. It's full of spelling mistakes and typos.

4. When you're reading your book, the type can mysteriously disappear.

5. Libraries, which are for sharing books, are illegal.

6. You must acknowledge you have read and understood the Book License Agreement Hype (BLAH) before you can read your book.

7. Microsoft has the right to enter your premises to conduct book inspections to make sure your book is being read in accordance with the BLAH.

8. The Book Users' Group General Alliance (BUGGA) calculates that the annual loss of revenues to Microsoft arising from BLAH violations in 2001 was $10.97 billion.

9. There are two versions of your book - the "Standard" and the "Pro" versions. In the standard version, those pages containing the most useful information have been stuck together.

10. At random times the letters your book may suddenly scramble for no apparent reason. Simply give the book a good kicking - this is called rebooting.
love it. :oP
SPIKE

cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

MicroQ£**(&%^ I can't even say it! Am I the only poster on a Mac? I need to start a Mac lovers thread. Pretend Windows suckysucksuck. Macs rool. OK!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Don't start CT, I've been having this argument with my friend Melissa for the last 6 years and we've never convinced each other ;o) She says it's because my family is Microsoft-assimilated (my husband is a Microsoft qualified engineer). Macs are good for their brief, PCs are good for theirs.

btw did you know that Post Office Red and Home Office purple are actually legally registered colours?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother