Sky Broadband - Why oh why did I do it!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Sky Broadband - Why oh why did I do it!

Post by Tyzot »

I was suckered into subscribing to Sky Broadband. Eight weeks and about 30 phone calls and a formal letter of complaint later - still not switched on.

I particularly love the fact that the telephone customer service agents will refuse to take telephone complaints on the charged number but insist that complaints are put in writing.

They promise to return calls and never do.

Give you a connection date and then just don't do it!

Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer:

Should have stayed with my old ISP.

Has anyone else had similar issues
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Havent had any dealings with sky for broadband but have heard nothing but bad things. I have had no end of problems with pipex since I upgraded to their Max service. Wouldnt reccomend them to any0ne. I will be going with Vrgin next time I think
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

sky are scum, they want your dollar and they don't care about customer service, like 02. you're not a person your just a pound sign. simple as
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

It is quite simple really, Sky for TV, BT for landlines and A SPECALIST BROADBAND SUPPLIER FOR BROADBAND .....You would not buy a car from Boots would you?
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

Nabuk wrote:It is quite simple really, Sky for TV, BT for landlines and A SPECALIST BROADBAND SUPPLIER FOR BROADBAND .....You would not buy a car from Boots would you?
Agree with you, Nabuk. We get broadband throuh Telewest (ok, now it's Virgin) but it's cable so we don't even have to have a landline. Have had absoulutely no problems with it in over 4 years.

S.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

I agree with nabuk , We had no trouble with sky or sky plus, except when my wife cocked up the recording of the H cup semi at the walkers.
Virgin now own ntl for phones , ntl were rubbish , Virgin phone and broadband deal(2 for one) package is now £20 per month which is far cheaper than having them seperate.
Alan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Virgin are the way forward. they have some excellent packages and won't be long until they are a serious contender to skys crown.
madoqua
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by madoqua »

Was paying £95 for Sky sports, ntl landline evening and weekend, Orange pay as you go and ntl broadband 4meg.

Gone Virgin.

Sports and films, Virgin+ box which will record 2 progs at once. Another box upstairs for separate Sky.
24 hour free landline national.
20 meg broadband from 1/5/07.
Mobile 300 mins cross network and 300 texts per month, (with roll over) + same for my wife for £10.
Price...£85.
TV pic superb, no pixelating.
Only lacking Sky 1,2,3, news and sports news.

FANTASTIC PACKAGE.

Long live Richard Branson.
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

The only thing stopping me moving is the lack of sky one. Cant live without 24 im afraid!
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

Im on virgin for broadband, TV and phoneline which I guess isnt too bad the only problem being the lack of sky sports etc :(
but it did make me laugh how a sky leaflet came inserted inside of some virgin media mail, very crafy I think.
* If at first you dont succeed, just pick yourself up and try again *

www.myspace.com/xxlucyxx89
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

I'm on Sky! It tok a while to get "going" but its been fine amazingly! We got it because I wanted to be able to watch Tigers on TV, and I worked out it was cheaper having Sky + Sky Broadband on that deal, buying 24 packs of beer, and not having to get them from my local every week! Its worked, but I have expanded! All the best though Tyzot!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

madoqua wrote:.......Sports and films, Virgin+ box which will record 2 progs at once. Another box upstairs for separate Sky.....
The Sky HD+ box can also record two programmes at once. You also get the better version of Setanta on the Sky platform.

As for Broadband, I've always had Virgin ..... never had a problem, recommended.

Like others have said, I'm not convinced about '3 in 1' packages. Cheap, but (almost invariably) one of the 3 lets you down.
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

On virgin you can record two and watch a third whereas on sky if you record two you have to stay on one of the channels
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

andy182 wrote:On virgin you can record two and watch a third whereas on sky if you record two you have to stay on one of the channels
Ah, got you ...... good job I have two Sky boxes then. :lol: