EXAMS :-(

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

andy182 wrote:
Rizzo wrote:I can serve as an example of how not to do things.

Dossed about and didn't revise for o levels & CSEs, got 4 Os and 5 CSEs.
o levels, did you have to write with a quill ;o) just kidding
Not quite :lol: but we weren't allowed calculators in the maths exam and we didn't have computers!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
jshelley802

Post by jshelley802 »

I'd love to go back to A-levels. Thought they were hard at the time, then took a Pharmacy degree!
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

i can imagine! It's like, i thought GCSE's were hard, but then you start AS and A2 levels and then you realise you were very wrong!
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
jshelley802

Post by jshelley802 »

Everything always seems hard at the time.

Ill probably look back on these exams and think they were easy.

Finding motivation to revise is the hardest part!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

jshelley802 wrote:Everything always seems hard at the time.

Finding motivation to revise is the hardest part!
Both points I find to be very true. The most annoying this for me is, I have to pass two modules, inorder to pass into the second year, and then never do them ever again. What's that all about?! I'm not even sure if I want to stay on so motivation is agbout as scarce as Northamptons chances of premiership rugby next season.
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

Don't even get me started on exams!! I do really well in coursework and then exams tend to screw me over normally!! I'm doing chemistry, psychology, pe and biology and of course general studies grrr!
and I am sooo stressed out at the moment, we finish in 2 weeks and have not finished the courses in any of them and are looking unlikely to do so!!
Im very worried about chemistry and psychology - biology and PE shouldnt be too bad i hope!!
Need AAB to do physiotherapy :o?
jshelley802

Post by jshelley802 »

I did chem and bio and didnt have too many problems with them.

It was physics and maths that screwed me over!!!
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

well they reckon the AS course is harder than your first year at uni so yeah thats definately made me think heaps about my future. But if I can get through this year Im sure I can get myself through uni :)
* If at first you dont succeed, just pick yourself up and try again *

www.myspace.com/xxlucyxx89
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

You only need 40% to pass your first year at uni. After that is when the hard work starts!
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

yeah the first year, going off what all of my mates have said to me is pretty much a doss year in comparison to the rest.

DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Last year of Masters - no exams, but project from February to September. :wail:

results the week before chrimbo :christmas: (hopefully)

Is that the first time someone's used the Christmas Emoticon since the new ones were introduced?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

x_tigersgal_x wrote:yeah the first year, going off what all of my mates have said to me is pretty much a doss year in comparison to the rest.
It is really. I did a history degree and only had 6 hours of lectures a week. was meant to spend 30 hours a week in the library but was lucky if I did 30 minutes!

Second and third years are whats more important, but wish I had studdied harder. Be prepared to rack up a lot of debt though. That is the only downside. :censored: Labour government
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

andy182 wrote: It is really. I did a history degree and only had 6 hours of lectures a week. was meant to spend 30 hours a week in the library but was lucky if I did 30 minutes!

Second and third years are whats more important, but wish I had studdied harder. Be prepared to rack up a lot of debt though. That is the only downside. :censored: Labour government
Yeah lots of my mates just did absolutely nothing in their first years. ha ha sounds like a lot of us at college we're supposed to do 3to4 hours for each class a week and they're lucky if we do 30 minutes oops lol

yeah, and the debt thing is ridiculous I really dont see the need for making us pay soooooo much :(

andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Because of my student loan I have a nice bill of £12,000 to pay off. Im not paying it off early though, they can take minimum each month. Shouldnt be charging so much for us to get an education.
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

I know its ridiculous!!
well as long as you dont earn anymore than 15,000 a year you dont have to pay anything back but nowadays many jobs pay a lot more than that but its what around a tenner a month???