EXAMS :-(

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Good luck to all you folks who are taking exams and hope you manage to get all you require.

All the best, and also to those who are invigilating!! ;o) ;o)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

BelperJon wrote:I know this might sound hard but it's all part of growing up. Whoever said life was easy?

Best of luck to you all.
You mean I have to grow up, Jon? :oops:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

+ do not think that as you get older they will stop, I've just finished another set of Financial exams and I'm the wrong side of 40 !
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Hans Hullabaloo wrote:i have exams doing AS, though i like exams better than the coursework, lucky this year i only have one peice in Geography
i'm with you on that one! absolutely hate coursework, i can never be organised about doing it. i'm doing for subjects (chemistry, physics, maths and spanish) and i only had to do coursework for physics and it was still left a bit last minute, though i think it turned out ok in the end. Really hoping to get at least AAAB but I'm not sure about chemistry and spanish. oh well, we'll see.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

Lufbratiger wrote:Well some courses like mine are 3 years tigersgal! :oD Anyway once you get there u'll never want to leave, it can be great fun! :lol: its not a crisis and most will say the best time of your life. Also it is nothing like college, you are a lot more independant and lecture hours are pretty minimal in most courses, one of my housemates is in 3 hours a week :oops: wish I was starting again.... ;o)
Well my course will probably be around 3 years but then I will have to complete a year long PGCE so it will be like four years I guess. I am looking forward to the experience though, should be a lot of fun and all of my friends have said that it is a great time in their lives etc so definately looking forward to going, just hoping I get the grades I need and get a place in the uni of my choice.
* If at first you dont succeed, just pick yourself up and try again *

www.myspace.com/xxlucyxx89
x_tigersgal_x
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by x_tigersgal_x »

Jess wrote:
Hans Hullabaloo wrote:i have exams doing AS, though i like exams better than the coursework, lucky this year i only have one peice in Geography
i'm with you on that one! absolutely hate coursework, i can never be organised about doing it. i'm doing for subjects (chemistry, physics, maths and spanish) and i only had to do coursework for physics and it was still left a bit last minute, though i think it turned out ok in the end. Really hoping to get at least AAAB but I'm not sure about chemistry and spanish. oh well, we'll see.
I prefer coursework although it is rather tedius, as I struggle with confidence when it comes to exams. However I've had one piece of Biology coursework to complete, one Psychology and two PE pieces all within the same time frame which was sooooo difficult as I was still having to do other pieces of work and mock exams etc at the same time. But I am hoping to get atleast BBBC at the end of this year however I will settle for CCCC.
* If at first you dont succeed, just pick yourself up and try again *

www.myspace.com/xxlucyxx89
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

I used to be the same tigersgal. Hated exams and would nearly be physically sick before I went into them. Most of my subjects were coursework based when I did my A levels, and my degree (History) was 70% weighted towards coursework so again I was very lucky.

Exams are stressful but I learned to overcome the fear eventually. Just got to go in as relaxed as possible, look over all the questions before even writing a word and then when you see that they arent as difficult as you first imagined it makes you more relaxed and it seems to go better.

How does the new system work as well? I did 4 'A' levels but I was in the final year before it all changed. God I feel old now!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I'm doing AS's at the moment. It's a big jump from GCSE to AS. I think coursework will save me though.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Tigersfan90 wrote:I'm doing AS's at the moment. It's a big jump from GCSE to AS. I think coursework will save me though.
Re-sits saved me, I did three at christmas and one in the summer, and came out with AAB for my AS.

Have my uni exams from may 18th-25th, decided to come home to Nottingham from Brighton cos I can't concentrate on revision down there. Means I get to go see Tigers this weekend as well, winwin!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Very good AS grades...good luck with you exams coming up too. What a match it’s going to be on Saturday. Can't wait, every reason for us to beat Wasps. Enjoy!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Cheers, and considering how bad I did in my A levels those re-sits saved my uni place as well. :oP

Not sure what it will be like for you, but past papers can give a very good indication of what you will be in store for, and although it can be risky, look for patterns.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I can serve as an example of how not to do things.

Dossed about and didn't revise for o levels & CSEs, got 4 Os and 5 CSEs.

dossed about in A levels - needed a D and two Es to get into the course at Sheffield I'd applied for (and wasn't particularly bothered about, only my friends lived in or near Sheffield). Got two Es and an F.

Always swore I would never work in a boring office job.

Guess what I do? I work in an office and have done for most of my working life!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

Good luck to everyone.
Doing A2 (Maths, Chemistry and Economics) and they are soo hard. Need to get AAB so that i can go to Warwick to do Law and buisness studies. :o? :o? :o? :o? :o?
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

Rizzo wrote:I can serve as an example of how not to do things.

Dossed about and didn't revise for o levels & CSEs, got 4 Os and 5 CSEs.
o levels, did you have to write with a quill ;o) just kidding
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Ollie smith rules wrote:Good luck to everyone.
Doing A2 (Maths, Chemistry and Economics) and they are soo hard. Need to get AAB so that i can go to Warwick to do Law and buisness studies. :o? :o? :o? :o? :o?
good luck with that! i'm thinking about warwick myself actually.....
I do maths and chemistry at the moment, and i already find them hard. god knows what's going to happen next year! but i think we do whizz through all the stuff quite fast in maths, because everyone in my maths classes are super brains, and i feel very stupid compared to them
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot