Locked threads/adult content

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Locked threads/adult content

Post by Rizzo »

You will see I have locked a number of threads on this forum, as the content in these topics was veering into adult level and not suitable for this forum. I might also add I had received several requests to remove these topics completely, but I think locking is sufficient for now.

Can I PLEASE ask you to remember this is a family forum and whilst only 13 and over can post, anyone of any age can read it. Detailed discussion of lusting after players, pop stars, etc, and comparison of ladies' bust sizes is simply not suitable for this forum, nor are some of the jokes (and it's no good just putting something about adult joke in the title either).

I have tried to ask that these subjects be toned down before, but if similar things reappear, they will be locked or removed.

I know some of you will now complain and say I'm stuffy or prudish, that's your prerogative, but it's easy to slide over the edge and I must make sure the forum keeps within the rules and is suitable for all.

Thanks
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

Good choice Jan! :oD
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Fair do's. Just as long as I'm still allowed to break in every now and then with a guff gag while passing by.

* tumbleweed blows past *
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

i have major contributes in 2 of them...message received and acnowledged. ;o)
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

Yeah, that's totally cool. I understand why. :o)
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Can't quite agree with you, Jan. It is those people of around 13 who do perhaps worship certain players and may have a fancy to a certain player (if they are a girl!!). I know when I was a kid I was a fan of certain players. Also, young people have pictures of pop stars in the bedrooms? Some young people had pictures in their rooms of the Beatles and then in later times, other groups. Although maybe fancying a certain rugby player may not be appropriate!! :roll: :roll:

I do though understand that talking about cup sizes, and some adult jokes may be too risky for a lot of kids. Its just that adults can't always talk or write in a childish form.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

simon redshaw wrote:Can't quite agree with you, Jan. It is those people of around 13 who do perhaps worship certain players and may have a fancy to a certain player (if they are a girl!!). I know when I was a kid I was a fan of certain players. Also, young people have pictures of pop stars in the bedrooms? Some young people had pictures in their rooms of the Beatles and then in later times, other groups. Although maybe fancying a certain rugby player may not be appropriate!! :roll: :roll:

I do though understand that talking about cup sizes, and some adult jokes may be too risky for a lot of kids. Its just that adults can't always talk or write in a childish form.
I'm not asking anyone to write in a childish form, simon. As the mother of a teenage girl I'm quite well aware of the popstar fancying etc. Some of my daughter's school classmates only attend the development games to "lust after the fit lads" - although they tend to mean those watching on the terraces and not the players.
I'm a big fan of Martin Corry myself - but sometimes a line has to be drawn about what is acceptable and what isn't. I didn't ask people NOT to discuss, I asked for things to be toned down and kept within a reasonable level. The Moderators also have to act if we receive complaints about particular posts or threads.
For the record, discussion of bra sizes is one subject that, IMO, does not really belong on a rugby forum, even in chit chat. Fancying players is a given for some of the females here, true, but it can get out of hand and posts just to say "Cor He's fit I fancy him..." are really rather pointless.
I'm sorry you disagree with me, simon, but I will continue to moderate and edit as I think best for everyone and within the guidelines given to me by the Club.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I am a rebel at times!! ;o) ;o)

Didn't mean it as a criticism of your moderating or editing. For me, you are doing a great job. I have had concerns about certain aspects of this forum, but I can respect that others may have a different opinion and I am not going to force myself on them.

My prime concern was that the more adult members did not feel disadvantaged too.

On the subject of language, working at Royal Mail you can sometimes encounter worse then on here and I get exasperated at times with RM language and outlook. I understand what you mean about certain subjects.

Its interesting you mention about certain females fancying rugby players. Males aren't adverse to saying similiar things about certain women too!! ;o)

Sorry if it looked like I was criticising you as a mod.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

If anyone wants to take a look at the alternative, try gwladrugby.com. Virtually unmoderated, it often descends into an absolute 'no holds barred' free for all.

Which is a shame, as the rugby knowledge on there can be pretty high powered.
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

DEFINATLY not moderated...! :oops:
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

If you were all as controlled and clean as me, then the moderators wouldn't need to do anything. :o)
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Controlled? uh..ok...Time to edit my pics...done..i've taken a big black marker and i've covered all the girls bodies in black...now i got only one problem...my monitor is full of black shapes! Time to subscribe an image editing course?
:mr.green: :mr.green: :mr.green: