Home Shirt Offer

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HongKongTiger

Home Shirt Offer

Post by HongKongTiger »

Excellent offer of £20 off an adult home shirt :oD

Are we changing shirt designs or changing sponsors (or am I being too cynical?) :evil:
The South Stand Rocks !
:smt038
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

changing the home shirt for next season
HongKongTiger

Post by HongKongTiger »

Any idea as to the design? :?:
The South Stand Rocks !
:smt038
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I am told to expect it still to have stripes, with the white one possibly more prominent than they are now. I'm not sure if it has been finalised who will be sponsoring or indeed manufacturing it.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

The current one has been pretty good. The one before was fine.

It seems that we are now going down the footie route of bringing out a new kit design every couple of seasons!! :o( :o(

Means that some people will end up forking out more money on new kits every year or so!!

Don't really like this trend.
:ox :ox
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

The home shirts get changed every couple of seasons, the away shirts get changed every couple of seasons, the two will overlap. You might not like it, but a) you are not obliged to buy it and b) it is a major source of income for the club. They are a business after all. Plus people moan if we don't get a new kit!

Personally I think a new design every couple of seasons is perfectly reasonable.
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

They are a business, but they can equally make just as much money out of the existing design. I don't have to buy it but you know that many little "Jonnys or Traceys" will have to buy the next kit and then their parents end up having to fork out more and more money and it applies in some cases to adults too.

I know some people might moan the other way, but each to their own!! :roll:

I would like to see a few retro Tigers kits which you could buy.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I've always thought that wearing an old shirt from a few years back proves you are a long standing fan and not a fly by night, so I always wear my old one, and never buy the new strip. The revenue the club would have got from me I more than make up for in tickets and membership and other stuff. Tell little Johnny and Tracy people in the new strip are new Tigers fans. That should make them proud to wear the old one. My mum used to con me this way vis a vis school uniform, and it has stuck!
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

The manufacturer (Cotton Traders) will remain unchanged next season as a new deal with CT has been signed recently & I believe that Bradstone still have at least a year left on their sponsorship agreement as well.

We've changed the home kit design every two years since 1999 (I think) so it's not a new trend by any means.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

At least it's not like some football teams who change every season, and sometimes in between as well.

I wear a shirt from 4 or 5 years ago that my husband can no longer get into ;) Although I did win a recent design one off ebay pretty cheap last week.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Not true actually Rizzo, football clubs can only change a kit once every two seasons, as has been the case for a number of years now. As with us, the away kits will overlap by a year, and often a third kit is also released. No actual difference between the two sports. Sorry to correct you!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Well, my nephew asks for "lots of money" for his birthday every year - allegedly to buy "the new Man U strip".

Maybe he's just very canny at getting money out of relatives!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not as well up on this as Iain but I think some of the footie teams have a "third" strip that they also change.

Remember Man Ure's infamous grey strip that got blamed for a defeat?

I'm with CT anyway. Wear the old shirt and it proves you're (a) a long term supporter and (b) as tight as the bolts on a submarine.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I expect you've been bulking up in the gym.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
kuzza
Super User
Super User

Post by kuzza »

I said earlier in the year that the club had over-ordered on the home shirt and that they were trying to shift 'em. I also predicted further sales. So a big pat on the back for me! :oD

Let's hope the new shirt does not ming. It will, however, have that ghastly shield logo so I doubt I will be buying it.