Golf

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Golf

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I hate golf and everything about it. Husband loves it, keeps trying to persuade me to play. I occassionally turn out for one of those golfer/non golfer do's, just so I know half the bar will be full of like mided golf-haters who won't drone on about birdies at the 9th. Sadly, I'm quite good at it and we always win, which doesn't help. Should I just stop being such a prejudiced old bag and give myself up to the stupid white ball?
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Well I've served my time walking around a golf course getting furious with myself and worrying about what a load of comically dressed middle aged t*ssers think of my feeble attempts to escape from "light rough".

I now walk across open countryside with anything up to 6 dogs and random visits from deer, hares and a myriad of birds.

The latter is FAR more enjoyable and I doubt if I will ever again waste a precious weekend day on a golf course.

Oh, and me and the dogs don't witter on about the weather either. Unlike those so-called "sportsmen" who can't seem to stay out for very long if it's windy, rainy or cold.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

I'm with Kinny on this and you never know where it may lead if you start with little white balls you may be tempted to start taking interest in the larger variety, and then where would you be.

Besides, why spoil a nice walk.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

As you say, stop being.......but I warn you DO NOT PLAY REGULARY WITH YOUR OTHER HALF....that way lies a quick divorce. :)
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Very true, Nabuk, I fear. But I don't want to play with women. Have you SEEN lady golfers? They are terrifying. They keep asking me to play. They all wear hats with no top to them! What's all that about?

Larger balls definitely are for me. Even similar sized balls but dark green. I play with those when I can find someone to join me.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I wouldn't mind playing a round with Sorensen.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Really? She has a hole in the top of her hat. And looks like she'd prefer me...scary scary women.
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Many, but so many time ago, i knew a family in a touristic village in Sicily. There was a golf pitch inside the village (9 holes), and they used to play golf everytime during the day. In the pauses, they SPOKE about golf everytime...ommigod...i really thougt they was professionals...but at the end they told to me their surname....FILA (yes, the owners in person) so i understood.
WHen they knew i play Rugby they asked to me..."Why do you like such a dangerous sport?" i answered "Right, now i know why FILA has tennis and golf lines, but no Rugby :D"
So i ask you...all golf players are so maniac about their sport?
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

:lol: They certainly do all like to TALK about it a lot!
Last edited by Cornish Tiger on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Is it good? it is REAL good. Il Lido di Venezia (Venezia Beach) is an isle east of Venice, between the lagoon and the open sea. The golf course (home of Venezia Golf Club) is really lovely, placed near a Venetian Fort on the isle, that is long and narrow, so he will play near the sea. So, your husband can play, and you can reach Piazza San Marco in about half hour by boat. I would suggest you to base in Hotel Excelsior, the top of the Lido, but is real expensive (5 stars superior deluxe)
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

huh
Last edited by Cornish Tiger on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Yep, a good solution too :D nice stay
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

Should give it a try CT. There are some nice courses in Cornwall (but not as good as Devon obviously! lol) but it is better not playing with the women. They seem to faff about a lot whereas the men get on with it. Also get good prizes in competitions!!
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
Duggan

Re: Golf

Post by Duggan »

Cornish Tiger wrote:I hate golf and everything about it. Husband loves it, keeps trying to persuade me to play. I occassionally turn out for one of those golfer/non golfer do's, just so I know half the bar will be full of like mided golf-haters who won't drone on about birdies at the 9th. Sadly, I'm quite good at it and we always win, which doesn't help. Should I just stop being such a prejudiced old bag and give myself up to the stupid white ball?
No, you're quite right. Golf is the sport of Satan. :wink: :)
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

It is brill well on a pitch and put course.

I am only 14 no Tiger Woods but still love it.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill