Big Brother - what d'you reckon ?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Big Brother - what d'you reckon ?

Post by westwinds31 »

Carphone Warehouse have pulled the sponsorship, accusations of racism and politicians etc having their say. What do you all make of it ?

I know its utter garbage, but have watched the odd programme as Mrs WW likes it !! (my excuse !). My personal view is that Jade Goodey is (hopefully) finished as a "celebrity". Funny how its turned out, Big Brother made her and now Big Brother has probably finished her !! Highly amusing. :D
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Load of old toot, well past its sell-by date. They should have Celebrity Big Rugger: put Austin Healey, Joe Worsley, Stuart Barnes, Gareth Chilcott, Serge Betsen, Laurence Dallaglio, Will Carling, Danny Grewcock, George Gregan and Tana Umaga in a house with only curry and chips to eat and enough strong lager and rough cider to float the QE2; oh, and put in a couple of token roundyballers as well. Roy Keane and Stan Collymore.

That ought to do it. :shock:
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

And a handbag for Tana
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Whether its racism or not Big Brother is reality TV and thats exactly what all this is, REALITY, theres racism everyday in the workplace the street, in schools, the only reason people are making a big this about it is because it is on TV but if you can't handle the fact that racism happens and this is simply a reflection of society then don't watch it.

I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE CLEAR I DO NOT WATCH CELEB BIG BROTHER AND I HAVEN'T A CLUE IF IT IS RACISM BUT I DO NO UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AGREE WITH RACISM
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Big Brother has as much to do with reality TV as Tom & Jerry. Its a useless, ridiculous excuse for television, it has absolutely nothing good about it, and only stirs up trouble every now and then. Pull it from the air, and then all the other "reality" shows with it.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I would like to see Jade Goody pinned down by sharp metal stakes, slit open from her throat to her big fat belly with a butcher's knife and then watch whilst lots of birds of prey swoop down and eat her alive.

This is just a personal view and does not necessarily represent the views of this forum or of Leicester Tigers Rugby Club.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

wouldn't know, don't watch the pap :shock:
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

always hated it, but thats cause its a media puppy and you know how much i hate the media. did anyone see "mock the week" last night?? funniest thing on tv by a country mile!!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

redtiger wrote:always hated it, but thats cause its a media puppy and you know how much i hate the media. did anyone see "mock the week" last night?? funniest thing on tv by a country mile!!
My daughter recorded Mock the Week for me as I'd retired to bed with a sick headache by 8pm. Will watch it tonight, but it's always good.

(I hesitate to say it was a migraine due to the discussion on another thread - I don't want you to think I'm skiving off my Moderators job!)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

you'll enjoy last nights one rizzo its the funiest one i've seen, proper close to the bone stuff about shilpa and princess di. and on at a sensible time too so that kids don't watch it. everyone's a winner
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
KarenH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KarenH »

Never watched Big Brother, but might watch a bit tonight to see what all the fuss is about.
Or may be not- it is after all pub night :D
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

I was watching it, as I normally think the 'celeb' ones are quite funny - but have stopped now. It's truly pitiful how some people behave - it's like being back in the 4th year again with a bunch of ill-educated bigotted bullies. If that really is a reflection of British society, I'm in despair.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
wills_#1fan!
Super User
Super User

Post by wills_#1fan! »

Choose the pub Karen!!!
If we never meet again,
Think of me every now and then!
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I have watched this rubbish (my defence is Mrs Spike likes it - strange I know but she is married to me!).

My problem with all of this is the part media has played in the row. It is all over the news all over the world and most reports and pundits comments start with "I haven't seen the programme but......."

It was a row over food with a couple of people who don't like each other. Rows happen daily so well done channel 4 your reality show is real.

Further than that who cares.

It is not racism, it is akin to playground behaviour and should be treated as such.

I have two nights off this rubbish now as thankfully my life has got in the way, pity is those in the media obviously don't have one and have little clue as to where to get one.

On a slight spin off, add BB in all formats to room 101?
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
popnoodle
Tiger Cub

Shilpa Situation

Post by popnoodle »

Well....... One of them is getting evicted. Jade is bullying shilpa and theres no doubt about it. Jade has her little 'crew' Jo and Danielle who are influenced by Jade. All Jade wants to have is publicity! Shilpa has come into another COUNTRY let alone being in with her. Jade should realise what shilpa is feeling and better sort it. :x [/color[/code]
Just Me.. :halo: x.