Slugs

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Cornish Tiger wrote:Is that how you docked Spud? Poor puppy.
Spud's not been docked. He has his very upright ginger tale that makes him look a bit like a trolley bus.

And he's the opposite of slug. I cycled off to mend a distant fence on Sunday. I told Spud he couldn't come. But after a couple of minutes cycling I hear this pitter-patter and he's right beside be. His little legs were a blur.

He kept up with me across tracks, fields, boggy bits and even had time to put up a couple of pheasants along the way.

By the time he ran all the way home again he was cream crackered.

Maybe I should get him a basket to put in for a ride but he's a tough dog and I don't want to make him look like a Chris Moyles.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Mattu Pichu

Post by Mattu Pichu »

I took some of the kids for an environmental session the other day they found a 10cm long leopard slug, boy was he a big :censored:!

Certainly had the teacher screaming at me to take it away, have to say it was hilarious!
It's not about running faster than the tiger, it's about running faster than the slowest person!
DCat
Super User
Super User

Re: Slug Phobia

Post by DCat »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:Here's two slug stories:-

1. I arrived home late on Saturday night and staggered over to see my ferrets to make sure they had food and to skip their litter tray out. I was horrified to find their food bowl was full of those huge pale slugs with orange underbellies. I was mortified that these molluscs had taken over my ferret food!!!

Yuk, I had to pick them out of the food bowl and then attempt to get the slug gunge off my fingers. This wasn't easy and it was absolutely tipping it down with rain and anything that I touched became immediately slimy.

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can keep them from getting into the hutch, I would be extremely interested.

:
You could spread chalk around the legs - it works for ants apparently. Or you could try my patent cat remedy and use red chilli powder. chillied slugs - nice. :D
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

going onto spiders quickl... there was a massive one in the sink in chemsitry today... hairy legs the lot!

but i showed it to someone and she called other people over, and we weren't sure if it was dead or alive, so one of them picked up a j-cloth and started touching it and at first it wouldnt move, then it suddenly jumped on it and attacked it! we all screamed (well i didnt! just jumped!) was so funny then all the 'men' came over to look, wishing it had been them to do it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Slug Phobia

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

You could spread chalk around the legs - it works for ants apparently. Or you could try my patent cat remedy and use red chilli powder. chillied slugs - nice. :D[/quote]

I put some shavings with Lavendar in the top half of the hutch last night so that the slugs couldn't slide across to the food bowl!! I don't know if it worked but I'll look late tonight. :lol:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Barriers:

1) Seaweed. Because it's salty, the slugs won't crawl over it.
2) Copper. A slug's slimes reacts to copper and causes an electric shock, which obviously it doesn't like!

Predators: (Quite a list)
Hedgehogs, frogs, toads, birds, ground beetles, centipedes and slow-worms.

I feel quite sorry for the little blighters now.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

I don't feel sorry for them!!!!! There's two things I hate, 1) Slugs and 2) Ants.

Kinny, I'll just pop off to Llandudo or Skeggie for a seaweed fix!! :lol:
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!