Pakistan Spit The Dummy Out!!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sim
Super User
Super User

Pakistan Spit The Dummy Out!!!

Post by Sim »

Pakistan have been accused of cheating by the on feild umpires at The Brit Oval for ball tampering, subsiquently the ball was changed and after tea the Pakistani team have failed to appear, it looks like they are boycotting the game and spitting the dummy out.

Shameful to cricket, there fans, our fans and there nation.

On the bright side, it looks like England have got a white wash, go us!! :lol: :lol:
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

Now the umpires arn't coming out.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

It gets even more interesting, England went out (batsman) with the umpires, and Pakistan refused to come out, at this point the bails were removed. Then Pakistan around 20 minutes later came onto the pitch but it seems that the umpires are so disgraced (and so they should be, you DO NOT refuse to play there are ways of dealing with this sort of thing after the match) they are not going to come out onto the pitch.

The worst thing is the fans at the ground don't seem to have been informed and they are getting more and more cross.

The whole incident is tragic for international cricket, but in my view the reaction of Pakistan should now result in a lengthly ban of them playing internationla cricket, forget the cheating accusation, this is terrible and they should be severly punished, i also think they should be fined for every ticket sold for today on tomorrow and so the ECB can refund the supporters. Why should the ECB refund moeny for stupidity and arrogance of a team who can't follow protocol and ruin a game and disgrace themselves!
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Hans Hullabaloo

Post by Hans Hullabaloo »

So true, traditional sports and it players must not lower them selfs to the level of football.
"Everything You Know is Wrong"
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

i'm boycotting this thread in protest!! :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

on a more serious note, the game was finely poised too we had a good chance of setting them something semi decent to chase
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
wellbutthatcouldbe

Post by wellbutthatcouldbe »

Play now finished for today - meetings progressing between the top brass trying to get play tomorrow (for which no tickets will have been sold - they never do for the fifth day).

If the umpires hold to their opinion that by removing the bails they ended the match - I can't see there being a chance of play -regardless of whether Pakistan have changed their mind and now want to play. I can't believe that they simply decided not to play for around 30 mins and expected that it would simply be regarded as "a gesture" - which is effectively what the PCB chairman said to Sky.

I don't agree with throwing the whole country out of international cricket - as Sim seems to suggest above - but I think that all the players should suffer in some way - through fines or bans. Inzamam as captain is responsible for the Pakistan team upholding the spirit of the game and clearly they have not - so he will almost certainly get some kind of ban.
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

in an interview witht he chairman or something, pakistan were only going to delay it a little while, and were getting ready to come out as the umpire and england batsmen went out, but came off again before they could go out. then when they did, the umpires didnt.

it was all so petty, but if hare didnt have any evidence to support his claim then i think pakistan were right to do what they did. and sure one of the players could be lying and they may have tampered, but what if they didnt? its all just very silly!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

On the SKY Sports site it has been announced that the match has been abandoned after talks between officials from both camps this evening failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Just to keep you all updated.
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

mrsmoody wrote:in an interview witht he chairman or something, pakistan were only going to delay it a little while, and were getting ready to come out as the umpire and england batsmen went out, but came off again before they could go out. then when they did, the umpires didnt.

it was all so petty, but if hare didnt have any evidence to support his claim then i think pakistan were right to do what they did. and sure one of the players could be lying and they may have tampered, but what if they didnt? its all just very silly!
Hannah, Pakistan were wrong in everything they did today. Forget whether they cheated. They are there to play crciket. Protesting in anyway is not to be3 done on the day of play, they could have waited until tonight or tomorrow night after the gane, instead they ruined the whole spirit of the game they disgraced themseles they disgraced there cricet board and they disgraced there reputation as a team, surly if they haven't anything to hide then they'd have contined to play.

Secondly its up to Imzy and the top brass at PCB to put a protest in AT THE APPRORIATE TIME, not after tea.

There "protest" was a short protest, they had NO INTENTION of coming back out to play, there shrt protest was at least 40 minutes before they even showed any sign of coming back out, there wicket keeper made it quite clear of the teams intentions when he had akll his kit on closed the dor took it all off, cmae out and read the newspaper.

Daryl Hare may or may not have had evidence for his claim, either way, you don't spit the dummy out, you don't protest when its nt your place to and not the time to, you don't act like a little bunch of kids who've been told off, and you do, do things by the book!! Simple as

IN MY EYES PAKISTAN ARE A DISGRACE TO INTERNATIONL CIRCKET AND SHOULD BE BANNED FROM PLAYING FOR AT LEAST A YEAR FOR THERE SHAMEFUL ACTIONS!!

Besides anyone think they may have a guilty concience!!!!
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
King Kong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by King Kong »

This is hilarious. Pakistan have just dug England out of a very big hole, one has to question their reasoning. They needed the win a lot, and to give it away like that was ridiculous. I know they intended to keep playing, but the protest should not have been for so long, and they only have themselves to blame. They have done England a huge favour psycologically, as England didnt lose.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I think the tampering decision by the umpires might have been dodgy, but for Christ's sake have the Pakistanis never heard of dodgy decisions before?

Umpires and refs always make wrong decisions but you live with it.

Even John McEnroe and Alex Ferguson always had the decency to finish a game even though they were convinced that the World was against them.

The Pakistanis were, as they say up at Trent Bridge, being mardy.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Re: Pakistan Spit The Dummy Out!!!

Post by Sim »

BelperJon wrote:
Sim wrote:On the bright side, it looks like England have got a white wash, go us!! :lol: :lol:
All the games in a series have to be won for a whitewash. The 1st Test was drawn.
What, oh yeh it was wasn't it, sorry i thought we'd won them all, oh well.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Glaws 55

Post by Glaws 55 »

What was the point in the Pakisani's protesting, even if they did or didn't tamper with the ball England only gained five runs from it so it wouldn't have made much difference anyway, and then they have to spoil things for everyone
The future's bright, the future's Cherry and White
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

One Pakistani on the radio today said that if Dickie Bird had pulled them up for ball tampering then they would have immediately accepted the decision and thought "how sad that one of our players has done this."

There problem is that they give no credence to this particular umpire. It seems he doesn't like them and consequently they don't like him.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!