Double Threading

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sim
Super User
Super User

Double Threading

Post by Sim »

No no not talking about some type of sewing, im talking about the people who insist on making more than one thread about soemthing, ok so it doesn't really ahppen that much on here, more so FF and it's only happened once today but this is me getting annoyed because it happens continuously. Now Iain does a great job of combining them or locking them but........ why should he, are people really that incapable to look first and see if theres a thread already, now granted you may have two people post at exactly the same time and ok i can understand that but its not always that people are just to stupid and its getting on my nerves and i don't see why Iain should have to go around loking and combining threads because of other peoples iggnorance!!!

RANT OVER
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
tigerman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigerman »

most of it is accidental & most 2nd thread people do appologise when they realise their mistake, so i don't really see it as a problem
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I have to agree - if only mildly - it takes little time to scroll down the page and read the titles, even enter the keyword in the search facility - and the original subjects which are often duplicated are usually only half a page down, if that.

It's a minor quibble though, and Iain's good at locking duplicates which is how it should be done.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

I know yeh it might seem a bit petty but at in the cases im talking about there was a a thread started last night and a duplicate was posted this morning, and another an duplicate posted an hour later, it is just lazy, and whenever i come on i always read the threads first, it really wouldn't take that much. I think im right in thinking that Iain does this volenterily so ok it doesn't take much but really why SHOULD he have to do it thats all, and then you end up positng the same thing on both threads etc, thats all.

RE-RANT OVER
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Thats right Sim I do do this voluntarily (must be mad!). Sometimes it is just laziness, but sometimes it can be from threads not being obvious from the subject field what it is about. It can be a nightmare after a match trying to decide which ones to lock and which ones not to!
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Iain, can you lock the ones banging on about smoking then please - getting fed up of reading the same old tripe to be honest...
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Well the new debate is triggered by the new smoking ban in Welford Road, so it is topical at the moment. Just ignore them for now!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Not mad Iain you just do it for all of those children out there and the people who want to be united as one by being sad enough like me to spend half there time on here, he he he Your work is appriciated as was tjs10!!
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

can i start a couple of new threads about this?? :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Just try it red and i'll tell Iain of you and you'll get told off and everything :P
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

ha ha, you missed out the "so nur nur nee nur nur!!" at the end of that reply sim!! :wink:
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

well.......... yeh nur nur nee nur nur!!
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

red, if you do I shall take you into a corner and slap your legs! :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Rizzo, Rizzo, Rizzo you're going to have to do it to Kin now because he did it, so go and tell him off.
(Keeno n' Sim Group)