A level results-argh

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

just calm down kate! deep breaths! i'm sure you've done great, and as soon as you've opened that letter you'll think what was all the fuss about!

the only time ive been stressed with my gcse's is with my coursework... art and geography mainly!! i kind of know i've got C's (well if not ive failed!) so i know im into college and i want at least one A*... most likely to come in art or textiles :? though my art teacher said im pretty much guarunteed an A so that'll have to do!

cant wait to get them though!!!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

Not to take anything away form you younguns who have done GCSE's but they're not as important as your teachers make out, i thought they were until i did them (last year) and now i realise that you've only got to do them to get you onto your college course or into the 6th form and the mjority of people get the results they need, and Kate, and Hannah you both will have got them, so don't panic or stress they're not worth it, just look forward to next year although you do need to nuckle down with A levels.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL GETTING GCSE RESULTS THIS WEEK.
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
King Kong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by King Kong »

Thats not true. Some universities do consider quite carefully your GCSE results as well as AS and any additional papers. I know one of the Oxbridge ones does place some weight on them.
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

CT - any news on your lass?
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

King Kong wrote:Thats not true. Some universities do consider quite carefully your GCSE results as well as AS and any additional papers. I know one of the Oxbridge ones does place some weight on them.
Really, its the first i've ever heard of it (im not questioning you, just i've never heard of that) mind you the police ask for GCSE's and don't require A levels although they help so i suppose but they're not as important, the real work starts after GCSE's. and Besides who wants to go to Oxford with all the raa raas whose daddys paid for them to go (sorry no offence to anyone who went there)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Yes, steady on Sim. I went to Oxford.

It was a Saturday afternoon and they were playing Forest.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

ha ha ha ha, i was going to say you at Oxford uni, they'd have kicked you out in the first week for being so... well.... Kinnyish! :wink: :wink:
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not sure. Didn't one of the colleges make Spike Milligan an honorary something or other?

Maybe I'm imagining it. But he was my hero, anyway.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

:D we used to know spike milliagn! my gran lived just up the road from him and they used to be great friends! met him a few times and used to go swimming in his pool!
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Keeno
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Keeno »

Gcse's are not the b all or end all by any means at the time it feels like all your dreams depend on it but once your at college/ 6th form they dont matter a dot and dont worry about getting into college because they dont enjoy turning people away and whatever happens you have achieved those grades anyway best advice i heard was if you didnt do as wel as you hoped take it slow in deciding what to do because the tortoise did and he won the race
Shoved out! I'll work my way back up Karen n Sim!!